FrameworkEvent STARTED is not happening

Dave

Mar 16, 2015, 7:01:17 PM3/16/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
When I start a run configuration from Eclipse the first time, I don't get the FrameworkEvent.STARTED event (at least it doesn't get logged like it normally would and things aren't happening that wait for the event). If I run things a 2nd time, I do see the event. I do have the -runkeep property set.

When I start the same bundles using Felix launcher, I do get the FrameworkEvent.STARTED event the very first time.

What could keep this event from firing?

Peter Kriens

Mar 19, 2015, 12:27:40 PM3/19/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
The first time the framework is started BEFORE any bundle is started, bnd then starts the bundles after the framework has started. The second time, because you keep the state, the bundles are started by the framework automatically so the event comes after all bundles have reached their start level. Likely your logger is a bundle and won't be able to see the starting event in the first case.

Kind regards.

Peter Kriens

Dave

Mar 20, 2015, 8:43:00 AM3/20/15
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
I guess Felix does things differently. Felix must install all bundles in the bundle folder before completion of a framework start, while bnd installs the bundles after the framework is started.