Apparently missing dependency macro in bnd-maven-plugin 3.2.0

Benson Margulies

Jul 26, 2016, 8:33:20 AM7/26/16
to bndtools-users
I'm not opening an issue in case I'm being dense.

In the pom:

<dependency>
<groupId>com.basistech.osgi.template</groupId>
<artifactId>rosette-osgi-template-component-core</artifactId>
<version>${project.version}</version>
<!-- We don't want our osgi bundle to pull in a maven
dependency on the non-osgi modules when consumed.
Note that this dependency will still show up in maven
dependency:tree.
-->
<optional>true</optional>
</dependency>

In bnd.bnd:

-includeresource: \
lib/=${com.basistech.osgi.template:rosette-osgi-template-component-core:jar};lib:=true

Result:

[WARNING] /Users/benson/x/rosette-osgi/template/component/osgi/bnd.bnd [0:0]: No translation found for macro: com.basistech.osgi.template:rosette-osgi-template-component-core:jar

Same result with and without the optional element.

BJ Hargrave

Jul 26, 2016, 8:36:26 AM7/26/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
`${com.basistech.osgi.template:rosette-osgi-template-component-core:jar}` is not a legitimate bnd macro value. See http://bnd.bndtools.org/chapters/850-macros.html for a list of macros (although that list needs updating.)

BJ

Benson Margulies

Jul 26, 2016, 8:37:52 AM7/26/16
to bndtools-users
As usual, nothing like posting a request to make the solution jump out. I lost the invocation of the dependency plugin to set the properties.

Benson Margulies

Jul 26, 2016, 8:54:43 AM7/26/16
to bndtools-users

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 8:36:26 AM UTC-4, BJ Hargrave wrote:
`${com.basistech.osgi.template:rosette-osgi-template-component-core:jar}` is not a legitimate bnd macro value. See http://bnd.bndtools.org/chapters/850-macros.html for a list of macros (although that list needs updating.)

Well, actually, it is with the bnd-maven-plugin, which propagates all the maven properties.

BJ Hargrave

Jul 26, 2016, 8:58:40 AM7/26/16
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com
Only because you must have set that property somehow. That property is not set by the bnd-maven-plugin.

But glad you have your build working again!