Share resolution specific config between workspace?

Clément Delgrange

Dec 22, 2017, 4:58:00 AM12/22/17
to bndtools-users
Hi,

I have define a speech recognition api and an implementation based on the google speech service. The implementation requires io.netty.handler which in turn has some optional dependencies. To my bundle to work I need these optional dependencies and to add system packages such as sun.security.x509. How I am supposed to share this with my api consumer? I mean someone that uses my api and wants to resolve his application will have to know that, is there some way other than documentation?

Thanks

Raymond Auge

Dec 22, 2017, 9:52:35 AM12/22/17
to bndtool...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Clément Delgrange <cl.del...@gmail.com> wrote:
 To my bundle to work I need these optional dependencies and to add system packages such as sun.security.x509.

I don't believe that's the suggested approach for dealing with "optional dependencies".

The bundle that provides `io.netty.handler` should clearly indicate that the optional dependencies are really marked optional, then they should not require you to provide them so resolution should work.

- Ray

Clément Delgrange

Dec 22, 2017, 2:00:38 PM12/22/17
to bndtools-users
In fact I wrap a jar that effectively requires netty, since it's not a bundle maybe the problem comes from there.