George Rahn's Memorial Service

Richard Machida

Jul 30, 2016, 11:40:21 PM7/30/16
to BMW-FAI List
The memorial service for George Rahn is on August 6, 2016, at 6:00pm. In case you haven’t heard, it is planned to be a pot luck.

Trails End BMW/Outpost
1450 Karen Way
Fairbanks, AK

If you would like to speak/present during the service, please contact Sandra at either
sandr...@gmail.com or (907) 687-7290

Please send any favorite photos of George to me at ric...@machida.us .

Gene Kuhn

Jul 30, 2016, 11:54:17 PM7/30/16
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
Richard,

Thanks for the info.

gene

History is something that never happened written by someone who wasn't there.   - Anonymous

gba...@alaska.net

Jul 31, 2016, 2:50:21 AM7/31/16
to bmw...@googlegroups.com

Richard, sad to report that I will be out of town and will miss the memorial.  Can you encourage somone to take pictures for distribution?  Thanks.  Glenn

paul stoddard

Jul 31, 2016, 3:48:56 AM7/31/16
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
Richard,
     A photo from years ago.  Paul

Jul 31, 2016, 10:20:32 PM7/31/16
to Fairbanks BMW Group

Remember group, there is barley therapy Monday at The Howling Dog in beautiful downtown Fox 7pm. Georges daughter Cheri and her husband Mo will be there as well. I here Ralph my be cooking something up

Have a good day, Lee

Douglas A. Yates

May 25, 2018, 4:21:09 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
My machine needs a clutch cable. I’ve located one in Seattle. $37.00.

Question: I’ve been told they come in two lengths. One is a inch longer than the other.

Do you know about this? Any info will be useful.

Thanks,
Douglas

Justin Kleiter

May 25, 2018, 4:34:31 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
I've passed your information on to our parts manager Lonny Marney.

He was checking on the two different cables for availability about an hour ago.

I gave him your phone number as well.  His number is 907-374-2160.

Cheers,

Justin

Justin Kleiter
Outpost Alaska - Trail's End BMW
1450 Karen Way
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 456-3265 Store

gba...@alaska.net

May 25, 2018, 5:12:55 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
Justin,

I fear your email was misdirected.   I no longer own an airhead.  When I did it was an R80/7.

Glenn Bacon

Robert Coleman

May 25, 2018, 5:47:37 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
Douglas:

Depends on the bars I think, flat bars or US bars.

Did you measure the one you took off?

Read Snowbums info.. http://bmwmotorcycletech.info/clutch.htm he has lots of information about cables.

Then just get Lonny at the outpost to get you one.

Bob Coleman
AKAK

Justin Kleiter

May 25, 2018, 5:57:09 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
Hello to everyone that received this email.  I am very sorry to have inadvertently replied to my whole address book.

Please disregard.

Cheers,

Justin

Justin Kleiter
Outpost Alaska - Trail's End BMW
1450 Karen Way
Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 456-3265 Store

Wally & Patty

May 25, 2018, 9:59:05 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com, Wally & Patty

Hello Justin.  Bob is right on.  Same for throttle and choke cables (maybe even front disc brake hydraulic line).

Wally

Hello to everyone that received this email.  I am very sorry to have inadvertently replied to my whole address book.

Please disregard.

Cheers,

Justin

Justin Kleiter
Outpost Alaska - Trail's End BMW

1450 Karen Way

Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 456-3265 Store

Image removed by sender.

On Fri, 25 May 2018 12:34:29 -0800, Justin Kleiter wrote:

I've passed your information on to our parts manager Lonny Marney.

He was checking on the two different cables for availability about an hour ago.

I gave him your phone number as well.  His number is 907-374-2160.

Cheers,

Justin

Justin Kleiter
Outpost Alaska - Trail's End BMW

1450 Karen Way

Fairbanks, AK 99709
(907) 456-3265 Store

Error! Filename not specified.

On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 12:20 PM, Douglas A. Yates <day...@mosquitonet.com> wrote:

Hello,
My machine needs a clutch cable. I’ve located one in Seattle. $37.00.

Question: I’ve been told they come in two lengths. One is a inch longer than the other.

Do you know about this? Any info will be useful.

Thanks,
Douglas

image001.jpg

Brian Rahm

May 25, 2018, 10:22:44 PM5/25/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com
I just got a clutch cable for my 1970 R60/5 with USA bars and it took the longer one of the two

carroll johnson

May 26, 2018, 1:57:08 AM5/26/18
to bmw...@googlegroups.com

Depends on your handlebars