Meeting 10/7

Nathaniel Filardo

Oct 6, 2014, 7:40:36 PM10/6/14
to bmor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm bad at this.  I announced on meetup but forgot to do so here!

Shyam says: "I'll be giving a talk on PatternSynonyms, a new compiler extension available as of GHC 7.8, which can be used to create user-defined patterns. I'll also describe what I call "a poor man's pattern synonyms", myown approach to getting pattern-synonym-like behaviour in GHC <7.8; a mixture of view patterns and arrow syntax."

For a change of venue, let's meet at Malone Hall (the shiny new CS building) on the south end of JHU Homewood campus rather than at the Baltimore NODE (which has a one-off conflict that evening). I'll put up signs from the doors to the room.  There's street parking nearby and also a parking garage under the quad if that's more your thing.

Hope to see you all there,
--nwf;