How to include files outside of /etc in my blueprint-rules

Eric

Sep 21, 2012, 12:30:57 PM9/21/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I need to add some specific files in my blueprint-rules file, but they do not reside under /etc/ (eg.: /usr/share/some-path/myfile.yml ). I tried to declare them as files resources but they are still left behind by the blueprint, and when I use the :source resource it adds the entire directory content when I only need a few files.

Any hints?

Cheers,

Eric

Richard Crowley

Oct 21, 2012, 1:14:32 PM10/21/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
You can use !:source:/usr/share/some-path followed by
:source:/usr/share/some-path/ignore-this-one to control what's
included in the source tarball.

Unfortunately there's no way to specify file resources outside of
/etc. This was a conscious design decision to encourage following the
FHS.

Hope that helps,

Richard