Ignore Files, did I miss something?

Mister Guru

Sep 24, 2012, 11:51:29 AM9/24/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
Good Afternoon Folks,

According to the documentation, patterns in ~/.blueprintignore are not included in the blueprints when they are created.

For example, if I have

:package:apt/build-essential

as the contents of ~/.blueprintignore then that package should not appear when I run

$ blueprint create newblueprint
$ blueprint-show-packages newblueprint | grep build-essential

I get the output of

$ blueprint-show-packages newblueprint | grep build-essential
apt build-essential 11.5
$

My understanding is that should be excluded from blueprints. Am I missing something here, or have I misunderstood how this works?

Thanks,

Richard Crowley

Oct 21, 2012, 1:16:32 PM10/21/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
I suspect your ~/.blueprintignore is not being read. There are some
issues with certain configurations of sudo(8). I recommend using
/etc/blueprintignore.