out of memory error when pushing to blueprint server

Eric

Sep 14, 2012, 5:08:33 PM9/14/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

In order to play around with blueprint and blueprint-server I have launched two t1.micro instances at AWS, one for each role. At first I created a small blueprint following the example in the docs and with this small blueprint, the client pushes ok to the server.

I then setup a more complex enviroment (a graylog2 server) and created a new blueprint from it. When I tried to push this one I got an out-of-memory error:

fatal: Out of memory, malloc failed (tried to allocate 353669121 bytes)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/blueprint-push", line 27, in <module>
    b = blueprint.cli.read(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blueprint/cli.py", line 70, in read
    return blueprint.Blueprint.checkout(name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blueprint/__init__.py", line 58, in checkout
    tree = git.tree(commit)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blueprint/git.py", line 109, in tree
    status, stdout = git('show', '--pretty=format:%T', commit)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/blueprint/git.py", line 83, in git
    raise GitError(p.returncode)
blueprint.git.GitError: 128

Is this a bug or there is some special attention I should be having regarding the amount of memory a client should when pushing to a server?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Eric

Sep 15, 2012, 7:04:30 AM9/15/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
I just realized that git is the one actually raising the error. From what I could google it's seems git sometimes may have a problem with too large repositories.

Has anyone faced this error before?

Cheers,

Eric

Richard Crowley

Sep 20, 2012, 3:25:29 PM9/20/12
to bluepri...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, this strikes me as a case of particularly large files being
stored. You can get at the underlying Git repo using blueprint-git(1)
to try to find the file and probably ignore it.

Richard