FW: accident photos

Jesse Grant

Jan 11, 2008, 12:29:37 PM1/11/08

From: Tony Fargo
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 11:03 AM
To: Jesse Grant; Jason Stawarski
Subject: FW: accident photos

From: Hodgman, Nichole [mailto:nikki....@brainerddispatch.com]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:50 AM
To: Tony Fargo; Nikki Peterson; lisa anderson; Stephanie VanWyngeeren

From: Crawford, Jessica
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:44 AM
To: Windorski, Ann; Smith, Tiffany; Lockwood, Natasha; Hodgman, Nichole; Howard, Delynn; Reed, Dawn; amy; Alters, Susie; Veith, Meagan; Joni Carlson; Jenny Kiehlbauch; john...@brainerd.net; Olson, Jamie

Circulation System Administrator

Brainerd Dispatch

218.855.5803

email:  jessica....@brainerddispatch.com

From: Piffier, Christina
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 10:41 AM
To: Wood, Shannon; Weiss, Loretta; Crawford, Jessica
Subject: accident photos

I almost cried when I saw this picture. It is absolutely gut wrenching. It shows the importance of being properly strapped in.

A friend sent this photo of a horrible highway accident in Germany. The picture may be kind of hard to take for some of you.

If you look closely you can see what appear to be some survivors of the accident still in the wreckage. Although the picture is

quite graphic, it makes you realize how quickly our loved ones can be taken from us.

My friend stayed on the scene to help and even though he performed mouth to mouth on quite a few of them, none apparently survived.

(Scroll down).

?

image001.jpg

Halverson, Marc

Jan 12, 2008, 11:56:20 AM1/12/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
winner jesse.

wish i had some of my home brew down here. getting tired
of the mexican beer when watching the topless ladies walk
by.

marc

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 12, 2008, 12:57:07 PM1/12/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
I hate you, Marc.

Just remember, not to use your flash when you take those pictures!

And don't forget, I still have your BVIP to bottle up.  You wouldn't want to find any extra ingredients in there, would you?

HA!

Hope you're having a great time, we'll see you when you get back.

By the way, when are you getting back?  We need to get you a wheat beer set up for when you get back.

Patrick

JESSE HOPKINS

Jan 13, 2008, 3:10:57 PM1/13/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,

Can you manage to have my e-mail address for the forum changed to my home address at,
That would be great.  I will continue to keep up with the events that way.  Boiled a brown porter last night; now happily ticking away.  Domestic Fuggle and Yakima Gold.

Hope it turns out!  ;)  Again sorry I missed the group at New Matty's.

             Jesse Hopkins, AIA
               Project Architect

                 NOR-SON, Inc.
7900 Hastings Road,  Baxter, MN  56425
     218.822.2014 (o)  218.825.0253 (f)
                 218.851.6766 (c)

       jesse.hopkins@nor-son.com
                www.nor-son.com

Jan 14, 2008, 1:02:15 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
Just a thought, maybe we want to move our big brew days to Sunday so
Marc can more easily attend.

Jan 14, 2008, 1:19:44 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
Maybe a Sunday after church or for those that do not
attend, they can come early.

Thanks Jessie. I am free all day Sundays

Marc

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 14, 2008, 1:41:58 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
Noted.
JesseG, I know you said you were busy on the 8th, but is the 9th open for you?

Jesse Grant

Jan 14, 2008, 1:50:34 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com

We will be in the Twin Cities and not sure.  Sometimes those turn in an all weekend.  You guys schedule it and if I have to miss out, so be it.

On a side note just now bottled that old recipie from my mothering law.  I got 2 and ¾ cases from one batch.  When I put it in the primary it measured at 1.06 then I added 2 tablespoons of rice as it called for.  It then measured a 1.064. Not sure that I totally belive the reading, BUT when I bottled last night it measured at 1.003  According to that web calculator you gave me it finished at 7.7%  You were correct that it tasted like cider.  I am curious to see the final result.  I may just cellar it for a while and see what comes of it.

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 14, 2008, 3:23:18 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
2 and ¾ cases...
Were those full bottles, or half full?
Sorry Dan, I just had to get a jab in there!

Look for an email soon with a meeting summary and details on the upcoming big brew day.

Jesse Grant

Jan 14, 2008, 4:39:02 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
After the 6 pack porter 2 3/4 was the coolest thing ever. When you bottled under pressure what pressure were you at?

On Jan 14, 2008 12:50 PM, Jesse Grant <jes...@jimselectric.com> wrote:

> We will be in the Twin Cities and not sure. Sometimes those turn in an
> all weekend. You guys schedule it and if I have to miss out, so be it.
>

> On a side note just now bottled that old recipie from my mothering law. I
> got 2 and ¾ cases from one batch. When I put it in the primary it measured
> at 1.06 then I added 2 tablespoons of rice as it called for. It then
> measured a 1.064. Not sure that I totally belive the reading, BUT when I
> bottled last night it measured at 1.003 According to that web calculator
> you gave me it finished at 7.7% You were correct that it tasted like
> cider. I am curious to see the final result. I may just cellar it for a
> while and see what comes of it.
>

> ------------------------------

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 14, 2008, 4:44:41 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
14 PSI

My fridge is at about 42 F, so a pressure of 14 PSI gives me a decent carbonation level.

Using my new-fangled cheap-ass counter pressure bottle filler, I don't lower the pressure at all before bottling.

Jesse Grant

Jan 14, 2008, 4:49:44 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com

I was thinking that you could just use a pressure relief valve set at 14 PSI or even find a variable one that would pop open when you hit max pressure.

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 14, 2008, 5:18:12 PM1/14/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I follow where you're going with that one...