New club activity idea!!

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 21, 2008, 4:27:19 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
JG has 12 cases of homebrew on hand...
I have a fridge full of remnants of 6 packs...
And I sometimes get tired of a beer by the end of a 5 gallon batch...

How about a regular beer swap?
We could incorporate it as part of any get-together.
Bring a six pack of homebrew or commercial beer, go home with a mixed six pack!

I make a motion to incorporate a sixer swap as part of any BOBS activity.

Can I get someone to second or ammend the motion?

Jesse Grant

Jan 21, 2008, 4:30:19 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com

I 2nd and approve this motion.

GREAT IDEA.  When I get done with my walk in cooler at home, I would even be happy to store your overstock!

Grant

JESSE HOPKINS

Jan 21, 2008, 4:34:07 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
We could use a case of clamp-top bottles to ease the exchange of kegged beer.  I don't have any as of this date.  You want my keg beer, you bring clamp-tops for filling.  I want your beer, I bring clamp-tops for trade.  Capiche?

             Jesse Hopkins, AIA
               Project Architect

                 NOR-SON, Inc.
7900 Hastings Road,  Baxter, MN  56425
     218.822.2014 (o)  218.825.0253 (f)
                 218.851.6766 (c)

       jesse.hopkins@nor-son.com
                www.nor-son.com

Jan 21, 2008, 5:58:30 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
Not that I don't trust anyone, but my swingtops are much to precious for me to let any of them out of my sight.
My reasoning behind 12oz bottles is that they are more readily available and less valuable to the average homebrewer.  Not everyone has swingtops and I don't want to exclude anyone from the exchange.  We could look at it in the future as a club fundraiser to sell empty bottles for the exchange, but I'd rather keep it simple at this time.

I'm not opposed to bringing empty bottles for filling, but if you bring a full 12 oz crown bottle, you'll get a swap for another full 12 oz bottle.

I also want to keep it open to commercial beer since some may not have brew on hand, or time to get some into bottles.  (and I can't seem to be able to make it through a six pack of commercial brew before I get bored).  Only a few commercial examples are swingtops.

Keep brewing!
Patrick

Jesse Grant

Jan 21, 2008, 6:00:32 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like one of you 2 is a beer schnob.  But I can’t quite figure out which one it is!

Patrick Sundberg

Jan 21, 2008, 6:02:44 PM1/21/08
to blueox...@googlegroups.com
I'm offended!

How could you even think that I'm NOT a beer snob!