Light Theme v2.1.1

Greg Chapman

Jul 20, 2016, 9:37:58 AM7/20/16
to BlueGriffon GoogleGroup

Hi Daniel,

While the Light Theme in 2.1 does rectify a major problem for me. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be fully implemented in v2.1.1.  Areas of the window exist where text or icons have little or no contrast, rendering it/them invisible or virtually so. The first two listed below are critical:

  • Tab titles - These disappear when the BlueGriffon window takes focus on all except the selected file. With several tabs open hovering can sometimes help, but the text needs to be permanently visible. It seems the selected/hover colours are the reverse of what's needed.
  • Structure Bar - Clicking on a tag renders it white making it impossible to read on the light grey background.

These next two are less critical, but I believe would improve things further:

  • Vertical Formatting Bar - Active items appear red, but I suspect the blue of the dark theme would provide greater contrast.
  • WYSIWYG Switch - The blue of the selected mode appears weak as in the light theme nothing is bold. the selected switch would have greater visibility if it retained the bold of the dark theme?
--
Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.co.uk

Alex Paton

Sep 26, 2016, 10:37:27 AM9/26/16
to bluegriffon
Hi Daniel

A couple of other minor things.
1) On the title bar, the icons (Minimize, maximize/restore and close) are invisible until you hover over them.
2) About->BlueGriffon close button does not work.  Escape will cancel it OK.

It bears saying it again, Great work Daniel.

Alex