BlueGriffon doesn't insert <b> when asked.

Garret Wilson

Dec 16, 2015, 2:05:43 PM12/16/15
to bluegriffon
Using the <> drop-down selection from the toolbar, I ask BG to insert the b tag. BG doesn't obey and instead inserts:

You can say that <b> has been deprecated, but this is no longer true---it is back as of HTML5 as a semantic tag (and it doesn't necessarily mean bold).

But even in HTML4 this behavior would be incorrect. I didn't ask BG to make anything "bold". I didn't hit Ctrl+B. I asked specifically to insert a <b> tag, so the only appropriate response is to insert a <b> tag. Without question this is a bug.

Daniel Glazman

Dec 16, 2015, 3:24:05 PM12/16/15
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
On 16/12/2015 20:05, Garret Wilson wrote:
> Using the <> drop-down selection from the toolbar, I ask BG to insert
> the b tag. BG doesn't obey and instead inserts:

Oooooh, excellent catch, thank you. That was clearly not the
intended behaviour and I'll make sure to fix that for 2.0.

</Daniel>

Greg Chapman

Dec 16, 2015, 4:38:47 PM12/16/15
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

On 16 Dec 15 20:24 Daniel Glazman <daniel....@gmail.com> said:

> Oooooh, excellent catch, thank you. That was clearly not the
> intended behaviour and I'll make sure to fix that for 2.0.

That seems to be a leftover from Nvu, when there was a General Option:

Use CSS Styles instead of HTML elements and attributes

With that unchecked you got <b>. With it checked you got the <span>
code.

While we're talking bugs on the General tab. Under Windows, at least,
the "Position of tabs" radio buttons have never worked for me.
Regardless of the setting selected the tabs are always centered and...

Under the File tab the "Restore last sessions tabs" has no effect. The
window is always empty.

Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.co.uk
Still helping users of KompoZer but using BlueGriffon