FontSquirrel preview

k...@charlescooke.plus.com

Aug 23, 2013, 9:31:10 AM8/23/13
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
The preview pane in FontSquirrel doesn't seem to be working now. I'm using 1.7.2 and Windows 7.
The little 'circle' just keeps going round and round and round…
Does anyone else experience this please?

Dominik Lenné

Sep 19, 2013, 1:52:32 PM9/19/13
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the same with me on 1.7.2 XP Pro. You can click "Add Font", type in a target directory, but to no avail.

Dani

Dec 5, 2013, 1:39:29 PM12/5/13
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Same here on Mac OS X 10.6.8 / Bluegriffon 10.7.2. FontSquirrel Preview is
not working as described by others. Cheers, Dani

Charles Cooke

Dec 6, 2013, 3:49:39 AM12/6/13
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
This has now been noted on three differtent operating systems. I've reported it as Bug 629

Greg Chapman

Aug 10, 2015, 9:24:17 AM8/10/15
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charles,
Are you aware of any developments on this bug?

Still happening to me (also using 1.7.2 and Windows 7, but ready to
install Win 10 although reluctant to put myself in the lap of MS Gods
after the problems my good lady had).

Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.co.uk
Helping new users of KompoZer and The GIMP
Still exploring BlueGriffon

Charles Cooke

Aug 10, 2015, 2:19:23 PM8/10/15
to bluegriffon

Wow doesn't time fly.
Part 1 - No I have no update on that problem.
Part 2 - On subject of W10. I received, installed and got it working on 6th August. Opted to deselect almost all options. System ran.
1 - First noted - My screen is 1920 x 1080 but background, and everything else, covered only about 85% of the available width. A restart fixed this – Phew.

2 – Then I noted my W7 Gadgets (Clock and load monitors) were missing from the desktop. After Googling I discovered that this is the intended response. Well that’s life.

3 – I discovered all by desktop shortcuts and links on the taskbar were in place so that was good. However I am used to accessing most of my documents by hovering over pinned programs on the start menu and then going to the, immediately accessible, list of recent documents. I had lost my carefully tweaked start menu and needed to rebuild a new one. So far I have built only a small part and found that it takes much more screen space (Windows 8 style) and I still can’t go quickly to documents. This may be part of the learning process but the learning curve is much steeper than I had expected.

4 – Once there I can use programs like MS Office, Blue Griffon and browsers as before so that’s good though my tests so far have been anything but comprehensive. But there are other programs that I use quite a lot and with which I have had major problems.

5 - The Gimp. I use a HP 6510 Printer scanner.  It prints OK but W10 refused to recognize the scanner. After searching the Web and after a couple of false starts it was suggested that I update my printer driver. The HP site was quite helpful on this but since I needed to run as an Administrator W10 had me jumping through hoops before I got there.

6 – Audacity. This won’t record for me which is a pity because I use it a lot for that purpose. The forum says “Audacity does not officially support Windows 10 yet.” and though I have tried some suggested workarounds I am still without a viable recorder.

7 – Today the problem noted in 1 above reappeared. Reboot again! Sigh.

So in summary I would not recommend anyone to upgrade unless they want an adventure. The good news is that I seem to have about 23 days left to revert to W7 if I decide to - though I have yet to discover how to do it!