some feedback question to be confirm

lionelbg

Dec 17, 2014, 5:23:35 PM12/17/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
i really love bluegriffon but we need to understand ( test)  how it manage selectors and css properties / values.

issues to be confirm !
1) BG can't render css properties value in the panel style properties for hover . It seem it succeed load them because when i click on Style properties -> Foreground  then the panel with the right color appear.

2)BG don't render transition on hover  perhaps it like javascript ; need to use a real browser ?

3) BG let us edit the width of a div in wysiwyg way  . Even if width is define in the css inside selector  , BG create the css properties in the tag element  !! .

4) BG don't update the gui and let the width of the last selected width height appear  when all file tab are close. it because the DOM panel is not close when file is close . change BG idth or DOM panel width initiate the value with no file .

5) BG show the same width and height oraound html panel   when click inside on element after changing some properties. i ve done the test with element that  have same width and height and with element define out of the flow (  position: absolute ).
box-sizing value. it seem BG support only the content-box model with a width on top the html page panel compute like this WIDTH=width padding + width content *.

regard's

lionelbg

Dec 17, 2014, 5:28:20 PM12/17/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
i really want to give feedback  . Is there a tracking bug system for bluegriffon ?
I see one but find cubersome to use : it ask for trunk number !! in help-> about griffon i only find " cla-de-lue"

regard's

Greg Chapman

Dec 17, 2014, 7:34:21 PM12/17/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,

On 17 Dec 14 22:23 lionelbg <lione...@orange.fr> said:

> 1) BG can't render css properties value in the panel style
> properties for hover .

Yes it can. Check the box labelled "when the pointer hovers over the
element" under the "Apply styles to" drop-down list.

> 2)BG don't render transition on hover perhaps it like javascript ;
> need to use a real browser ?

It does in my copy!

> 3) BG let us edit the width of a div in wysiwyg way . Even if width
> is define in the css inside selector , BG create the css properties
> in the tag element !! .

The rule is simple. If you drag on an item on the screen BlueGriffon
will always apply inline styles. There's a very obvious reason for
this...

How could BlueGriffon tell when you drag if you want to apply that
effect to that element only or all examples of that element, or only
the element with that ID, or any element with that class, or only
elements that meet the previously mentioned possibilties on the page
in question or or any of those possibilities throughout the site?

It stands to reason that it will be quicker to type in a figure on the
Style Properties Panel than open it up to set all those conditions
about how the forthcoming drag is to be interpreted and then go about
a drag.

In any case, in a properly planned design, you should know what the
size of an element should be. Dragging is for those who are merely
sketching out a prototype and not actually building a live site.

> 4) BG don't update the gui and let the width of the last selected
> width height appear when all file tab are close. it because the DOM
> panel is not close when file is close . change BG idth or DOM panel
> width initiate the value with no file .

I don't understand what you are commenting on there, but if it's
something to do with GUI activity after a drag, then I've never
experienced it. That's because I can't recall the last time I dragged
anything in BlueGriffon. Dragging can never be recommended if you want
a site that can take full advantage of cascading stylesheets (for the
reasons explained in Answer 3).

> 5) BG show the same width and height oraound html panel when click
> inside on element after changing some properties. i ve done the test
> with element that have same width and height and with element
> define out of the flow ( position: absolute ). box-sizing value. it
> seem BG support only the content-box model with a width on top the
> html page panel compute like this WIDTH=width padding + width
> content *.

I think you are saying that the horizontal and vertical rulers measure
the content of any box and make no allowance for padding, borders and
margins. This is true. Is that a problem?

Greg Chapman
http://www.gregtutor.co.uk
Helping new users of KompoZer and The GIMP
Still exploring BlueGriffon

Greg Chapman

Dec 17, 2014, 7:37:26 PM12/17/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,

On 17 Dec 14 22:28 lionelbg <lione...@orange.fr> said:
> Is there a tracking bug system for bluegriffon ?
> I see one but find cubersome to use :

I see you have answered your own question.

I agree it is not the friendliest piece of software for ordinary users
of BlueGriffon. It's definitely appears to be aimed at those who have
an understanding of some of the technicalities of programming. :-(

lionelbg

Dec 17, 2014, 9:11:23 PM12/17/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
    6) for edit CSS properties    best is to use the instead "Panels" ->"Style" to use  "tool" -> "CSS stylesheet editor" and edit the value in Panel style
regard's

Greg Chapman

Dec 18, 2014, 5:32:23 AM12/18/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,

On 18 Dec 14 02:11 lionelbg <lione...@orange.fr> said:
> 6) for edit CSS properties best is to use the instead "Panels"
> ->"Style" to use "tool" -> "CSS stylesheet editor" and edit the
> value in Panel style

The CSS Pro Editor is an add-on that offers a lot to those that need a
helping hand with CSS. It certainly adds hugely on the functionality
of the Style Properties Panel.

However, those experienced in CSS code can probably do all they need
using Panels > Stylesheets, but then BlueGriffon isn't primarily aimed
at such users.

lionelbg

Dec 29, 2014, 6:43:40 AM12/29/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com

Hi
For the question 5) to be less restrictive to my question , My question should be
a- does  BG support all box-sizing value ?
b- does the box area value  take in account the box-sizing value ?

regard's

Greg Chapman

Dec 29, 2014, 7:10:19 AM12/29/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lionel,

On 29 Dec 14 11:43 lionelbg <lione...@orange.fr> said:

> For the question 5) to be less restrictive to my question , My
> question should be
> a- does BG support all box-sizing value ?

Yes! check out the "Geometry" and "Borders" sections of the "Style
Properties Panel" You might also want to look at the "Shadows"
section.

> b- does the box area value take in account the box-sizing value ?

I don't understand that question.

Daniel Glazman

Dec 29, 2014, 8:06:32 AM12/29/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
On 29/12/14 13:10, 'Greg Chapman' via bluegriffon wrote:

>> b- does the box area value take in account the box-sizing value ?
>
> I don't understand that question.

His question is about the values of the geometry properties; since
the box-sizing affects the box model of the element, are the margins,
borders, paddings, width and height auto-updated when you change the
specified value of the box-sizing property? If I understood correctly,
then the answer is no. There is no simple way to do that, in particular
in the case where the specified values use relative units like a
percentage or vh.

</Daniel>