Frustration - BG rewrites CSS file, changing formats!

Philip Goddard

Nov 25, 2017, 4:46:55 AM11/25/17
to bluegriffon
BG is repeatedly rewriting my CSS files in changed format, in addition to the permissible matter of managing the responsive layout!

This is an ongoing issue - not specifically the current BG version.  I've already reported BG deleting certain lines that should be present, but it also rewrites concise format for specifying such things as border parameters, into the most long-winded format, so, for example, border-width: 2px; becomes:

  border-top-width: 2px;
  border-right-width: 2px;
  border-bottom-width: 2px;
  border-left-width: 2px;

- and a full one-line specification of border width, style and colour is rewritten into 12 lines.

This bad behaviour bloats my css files, so inevitably adding to page loading time on my sites.

When I take time to correct anything to more concise format, BG changes it all back to the bloated format.

In BG's preferences I have CSS policy set to manual.

A fix would be greatly appreciated, as I want clean, minimal CSS code, and BG is being a big frustration over this. -- Thank you.

Philip

Daniel Glazman

Nov 25, 2017, 5:10:52 AM11/25/17
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Le 25/11/2017 à 10:46, Philip Goddard a écrit :
> BG is repeatedly rewriting my CSS files in changed format, in addition
> to the permissible matter of managing the responsive layout!
>
> This is an ongoing issue - not specifically the current BG version.
> I've already reported BG deleting certain lines that should be present,
> but it also rewrites concise format for specifying such things as border
> parameters, into the most long-winded format, so, for example,
> border-width: 2px; becomes:
>
> border-top-width: 2px;
> border-right-width: 2px;
> border-bottom-width: 2px;
> border-left-width: 2px;

Probably not our fault but most certainly a change in underlying
Gecko's CSS serialization. I'll investigate.

</Daniel>