Help .... Trying to embed video in a page

Paul Rosenthal

Dec 12, 2015, 2:39:02 PM12/12/15
to bluegriffon
Hi,

Every year I post a web video New Year's card for my friends and clients. This is the first year I'm using BG, and I'm mystified by one obstacle.

The web page has no text or content: just the embedded video — an mp4.

I've created 2 versions of the page, one for desktops and one for mobile devices (with a smaller version of the video).
I've uploaded both for testing. The desktop page works fine. The mobile version works fine on my iPhone... but doesn't play on my iPad.
(I had a friend test it on her iPhone and iPad, and she had the same results.)
I've tested the video separately (i.,e., not embedded in a web page) on the iPad and it works just fine.

So, I'm mystified because the iPad and iPhone are both both from Apple, both on the same OS. I can't think why it wouldn't work equally on both devices

Anybody have any thoughts why it would work perfectly on one device but not the other?

FYI, here's the (very simple) code for the embedded video:
         &gt;<=""
         video="">
      </video></div>

Any suggestions or diagnoses would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-- Paul

Joeg

Dec 16, 2015, 5:37:45 PM12/16/15
to bluegriffon