Autocompletion in CSS editor not working

Daniel Süsstrunk

Jun 6, 2016, 3:52:46 AM6/6/16
to bluegriffon
Hi, I'm wondering - since BG V1.8 incl. V2.0, the CSS-autocompletion under OS X is not working anymore. I miss that a lot and am therefore still using V1.7.2 with my students. Is there anything I could do to make that work? Thank you a lot, Dani

Daniel Glazman

Jun 6, 2016, 5:53:23 PM6/6/16
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Try Shift-Space :-)
I'll make sure to add it to the User's Manual.

</Daniel>

Daniel Süsstrunk

Jun 7, 2016, 4:34:15 PM6/7/16
to bluegriffon
Great! I'll be using BG 2.0! Thank you very, very much for your great Editor! Best regards, Dani

84lionel

Jul 2, 2016, 8:35:59 AM7/2/16
to bluegriffon

Le lundi 6 juin 2016 09:52:46 UTC+2, Daniel Süsstrunk a écrit :
Hi, I'm wondering - since BG V1.8 incl. V2.0, the CSS-autocompletion under OS X is not working anymore. I miss that a lot and am therefore still using V1.7.2 with my students. Is there anything I could do to make that work? Thank you a lot, Daniel

Space is use for atom
Shift = Maj key for Azerty microsoft keyboard ( EU) !! for this to work the poistion location of the mouse/text  cursor must be after first letter and after the last letter or the word ( don't work if is cursor is at a position from  white / blank space after the first word ( should be css properties value )  .

84lionel

Jul 2, 2016, 9:24:23 AM7/2/16
to bluegriffon
if i begin to write " background-repeat: ; "  without value properties , i ll expect BG show only the value i can use relative to the  CSS reserved word property name   but it seem it not the case !!

if i use the stylsheet editor  the value in the panel color are not initiate even if i see  at the bottom all the css propertie name/values  fot the selector ( img)

after some change ( don't remenber which) , the panel color update its gui relative to css content relative to background )

84lionel

Jul 2, 2016, 9:27:53 AM7/2/16
to bluegriffon
there is 5 value properties for backgrounds-attachment refer to CSS  documentation . why BG show only 2 ?

84lionel

Jul 2, 2016, 10:17:53 AM7/2/16
to bluegriffon

 i write something wrong ; the css properties in gui panel attach to img  work if i use the style sheet editor ( tool -> css stylesheet editor ) not if i select the img tag element from the htmlpage viewer ( = editor !) . The issue is that when select img tag element using the html page in view mode ;   there is many selector in css that contain this word ( some inside MQ because redefine img behaviour ) and BG select the img for default mediaquery ( no MQ is define)  . If  BG show me  the rendering view where a MQ is active ; select the img tag ( bottom left side refer to htmlpage viewer mode) should show the properties of the img inside this mediaquery but it is not the cas , whatever width the BG viewer area ll have , the same  img selector ll be use : the "one" not  wrap inside a MQ . ( many same img selector can be write outside MQ  , the editor show the last item because ll be is the active one without discuss specificity  ) . here selector is a tag HTML element call  img because BG don't let us select compound selector ( compound selector is thne name give by  adobe in their DW documentation) .

BG_bg-attachmentValues.png