BlueGriffon crashes as soon as I click the file menu

Just Jay

Sep 18, 2014, 2:45:06 AM9/18/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I downloaded BlueGriffon, and purchased the Gold Offer, but I unfortunately
have been unable to get it to run on OpenSuse 13.1.. I found a binary in a
repository and re-installed it using Yast, but it still crashes as soon as I
try to click the File Menu at the top.. I've read other users have had this
same problem, so I'm hoping there is a fix now.

This is from the command line..

jmc@workstation:~> bluegriffon

(process:32609): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
'sys_page_size == 0' failed

(bluegriffon:32609): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
GnomeProgram::sm-connect after class was initialised

(bluegriffon:32609): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
GnomeProgram::show-crash-dialog after class was initialised

(bluegriffon:32609): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
GnomeProgram::display after class was initialised

(bluegriffon:32609): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: Attempt to add property
GnomeProgram::default-icon after class was initialised
*** LOG addons.xpi: startup
*** LOG addons.xpi: checkForChanges
*** LOG addons.xpi-utils: Opening database
*** LOG addons.xpi: No changes found
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
operation); 4 requests ago: file
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bluegriffon-1.7.2/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp,
line 157
###!!! ABORT: X_CreatePixmap: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for
operation); 4 requests ago: file
/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bluegriffon-1.7.2/toolkit/xre/nsX11ErrorHandler.cpp,
line 157
Segmentation fault

Thanks in advance for any help.. I would love to try this editor out..
Bluefish is nice, but I would prefer a GUI to speed up design and changes..
and lots of nice addons from the Gold Offer too.

Alex Paton

Sep 25, 2014, 5:24:35 AM9/25/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, jma...@gmail.com
Jay

It seems that there is a problem with a few mozilla based programs and the oxygen GTK theme.  Change your GTK theme to something other than Oxygen, and it should fix the problem.

Alex

Zéfling San

Nov 25, 2014, 7:45:32 PM11/25/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, jma...@gmail.com
Hi,

For me it's a good solution, change your interface for one application... Not for me.

My solution :
sudo bluegriffon &

In super user mode, no problem. On user mode, it's unusable.

... 2 years without update. My other problem is the bad support of CSS.

Tom (TJ) Mahoney

Dec 5, 2014, 9:40:14 AM12/5/14
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, jma...@gmail.com
Jay? Did you ever get it to work? I have same problem. Theme doesn't matter.

Alex Paton

Mar 4, 2015, 7:44:44 AM3/4/15
to blueg...@googlegroups.com, jma...@gmail.com
All

It isn't just one program it happens on, though it may be the only one you have encountered so far.  It is a Mozilla issue.  It is not necessary to change the entire theme for the Desktop Manager, only the GTK theme.  There is a reason why a lot of linux distributions have switched to GTK themes like Adwaita - Oxygen has had, or caused bugs for years.  The mad thing is that there are themes that look like Oxygen, but which don't cause this problem, but some Distributions still use it.

Alex