Bluez D-Bus exception

nigelg

May 3, 2009, 12:35:43 PM5/3/09
to bluecove-users
Hi,
I'm getting strange exception from the Bluez D-Bus component, and
hope someone could help..

javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: The name org.bluez was not
provided by any .service files
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZDBus.runDeviceInquiry
(BluetoothStackBlueZDBus.java:503)
at com.intel.bluetooth.DeviceInquiryThread.run
(DeviceInquiryThread.java:103)
Caused by: org.freedesktop.DBus$Error$ServiceUnknown: The name
org.bluez was not provided by any .service files
Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance
(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.Error.getException(Unknown Source)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.Error.throwException(Unknown Source)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.RemoteInvocationHandler.executeRemoteMethod
(Unknown Source)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.RemoteInvocationHandler.invoke(Unknown
Source)
at $Proxy7.StartDiscovery(Unknown Source)
at org.bluez.v4.BlueZAPIV4.deviceInquiry(BlueZAPIV4.java:314)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZDBus.runDeviceInquiry
(BluetoothStackBlueZDBus.java:49

The scanner is running correctly for a while (10 mins or so), but then
all of a sudden starts giving this exception. It seems as though it's
a Bluez problem not Bluecove, but would like to know for sure.

I'm doing the following:
Running a scan in a seperate thread, then for every device found
storing the RemoteDevice in a queue. There is a seperate thread pool
that it then taking each item in the queue and performing a service
scan.
This runs great for a while, but then gives this error.
I'm using the multiple adaptor API, even though I'm only currently
using one of the devices, so all the threads set the current device to
the same adaptor.

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

May 3, 2009, 1:21:52 PM5/3/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
This happens when BlueZ core dumps and stops working.
Why, I have no idea, probably bug in BlueZ

nigelg

May 3, 2009, 8:23:54 PM5/3/09
to bluecove-users
Thanks for the reply. I've rebuilt the latest BlueZ library (4.37),
but still have the same problems.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there a more stable version of BlueZ
I should try?
Is is worth using the older Bluez GPL library instead of the Bluez
DBus interface?

Sorry for the all questions, but I started to use Bluez for the
mutliple adaptor support, but so far is seems to be less stable for
even simple device discovery / service discovery than the windows
stack.
I'm hoping the people here with more experience can share their
findings.

Regards,
- NIgel