javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: Bluetooth Device is not ready

Simon

Apr 15, 2009, 5:03:41 AM4/15/09
to bluecove-users
Hi,

Am developer using Linux OpenSuse 10.3( 32-bit platform).Development
environment: Eclipse Ganymede, a.k.a. eclipse v3.4

Previously I set up a bluetooth j2se server and it was working fine.
Two weeks later, the server can't run. And below is the error:
BlueCove version 2.1.0 on bluez
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: Bluetooth Device is not
ready. [1] Operation not permitted
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.nativeSetLocalDeviceDiscoverable
(Native Method)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.setLocalDeviceDiscoverable
(BluetoothStackBlueZ.java:291)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.setDiscoverable(LocalDevice.java:206)
at bluetoothserver.BTServer.startBT(BTServer.java:25)
at bluetoothserver.BluetoothLauncher.main(BluetoothLauncher.java:14)
BlueCove stack shutdown completed

I have tried using uninstalling and re-installing the bluetooth
libraries, turning bluetooth on and off, but all in vain. The Console
still gives that error above.

Please help me out, much as my time is far gone. I have a deadline.

Cheers,
Simon.

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Apr 15, 2009, 6:28:27 AM4/15/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
As it is said at  http://www.bluecove.org/bluecove-gpl/
  • To change Discoverable mode of the device you should be root

Use BlueCove-bluez  - BlueCove Linux D-Bus module
    http://snapshot.bluecove.org/bluecove-bluez/index.html
If you don't want to have this problem
--
Vlad

Simon

Apr 16, 2009, 6:01:54 AM4/16/09
to bluecove-users
Thank you.
I had to make my laptop discoverable using the blueZ configuration for
devices. And it works fine.

Do you know where I can set it from via commandline?

Regards,
Simon

On Apr 15, 11:28 am, Vlad Skarzhevskyy <skarzhevs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As it is said at http://www.bluecove.org/bluecove-gpl/
>
> - To change Discoverable mode of the device you should be root

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Apr 16, 2009, 11:08:19 AM4/16/09
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
hciconfig  ?
--
Vlad

franta

Aug 9, 2012, 9:01:47 AM8/9/12
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vlad.
Sorry for opening this old topic, but I really need help.
I have the same problem with permission like Simon.
I am trying to deal with it for a days with no success ,( Please, could you tell me what exactly needs to be done? I did not find any tutorials for that.
I installed dbus-java and matthewlib-java (bluez is already installed) and downloaded bluecove-2.1.1-snapshot and stuck there.

Library which I have in my project (do I need all of them?):
- bluecove-2.1.1.jar
- bluecove-gpl-2.1.1.jar
- bluecove-bluez-2.1.1.jar
-.dbus-2.7.jar
- debug-disable-1.1.jar
- hexdump-0.2.jar
- unix-0.5.jar

I do not know how to use it in source code ,(
This:
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice localDevice = javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();
localDevice.setDiscoverable(javax.bluetooth.DiscoveryAgent.GIAC);
not working ,(

I would be most grateful for any kind of help. Source code will be appreciated.
Thank you.

Regards,
franta