L2CAP Connection fails on 2.1.1-Snapshot.60

Fred

Feb 22, 2010, 9:16:44 AM2/22/10
to bluecove-users
This is Ubuntu 9.10

When trying to establish an L2CAP connection using 2.1.1-Snapshot.60 I
get the following exception:

BlueCove version 2.1.1-SNAPSHOT on bluez
java.io.IOException: Failed to bind socket. [22] Invalid argument
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.l2OpenClientConnectionImpl(Native
Method)
Connecting to btl2cap://0016BC5CABDA:
1003;authenticate=false;encrypt=false;master=false...
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.l2OpenClientConnection(BluetoothStackBlueZ.java:
679)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothL2CAPClientConnection.<init>(BluetoothL2CAPClientConnection.java:
35)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.MicroeditionConnector.openImpl(MicroeditionConnector.java:
395)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.MicroeditionConnector.open(MicroeditionConnector.java:
162)
at javax.microedition.io.Connector.open(Connector.java:83)
at blue_2.BTTest.run(BTTest.java:61)
at blue_2.BTTest.main(BTTest.java:28)

This works perfectly well in 2.1.0 stable. I'd like to use the
snapshot as I would like to make use of the readRssi method.

In idea what might be going wrong, or what has actually changed in the
code?

Thanks

// Fred

Mina Shokry

Feb 23, 2010, 3:22:58 AM2/23/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hello Fred,
I'll investigate this issue.

Andrew Smith

Feb 23, 2010, 5:26:07 PM2/23/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Also getting this on Ubuntu 9.10 with Bluez 2.1.1 Snapshot

Code:

UUID L2CAP = new UUID(0x0100);
String url = "btl2cap://localhost:" + L2CAP;
Connector.open(url);

Will reproduce this error

Thanks!

Andrew Smith

Mar 1, 2010, 11:30:05 AM3/1/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Any developments on this issue? Will reverting to a non-snapshot solve the problem?

Mina Shokry

Mar 1, 2010, 11:35:00 AM3/1/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, no progress till now.
Please file an issue report on the project site for this issue not to be forgotten in next release.

Sent from Android Dev Phone 1

On 23 February 2010 22:26, Andrew Smith <andre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also getting this on Ubu...

Andrew Smith

Mar 1, 2010, 11:39:48 AM3/1/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Ok have done! Thanks

arpa

Jan 8, 2013, 2:47:30 PM1/8/13
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I found this issue when I run my code on raspberry pi.
Could you please tell me how to solve this?

My code works fine on my PC.
I use bluecove-2.1.0.jar and bluecove-gpl-2.1.0.jar for arm from this site http://www.neotos.de/en/content/bluecove-arm.

Million thanks,
arpa