bluecove, os x 10.7 (lion)

steven_ew

Dec 7, 2011, 6:05:24 AM12/7/11
to bluecove-users
Dear All,

I am new to bluetooth/java although have been taking java courses at
University. I'm trying to get blue cove working, but am not having
much luck. I wonder if someone could help?

For example, when I try to implement the RemoteDeviceDiscovery class I
get a 'Native Library Bluecove not available'.

I am 64bit OSX using Netbeans and have added blue cove-2.1.0.jar only
to my path.

The full exception is:

run:
Native Library bluecove not available
Exception in thread "main" javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException:
BlueCove library bluecove not available
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.loadNativeLibraries(BlueCoveImpl.java:
381)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
434)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:65)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:1020)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1018)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1011)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
75)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:95)
at RemoteDeviceDiscovery.main(RemoteDeviceDiscovery.java:44)

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Yours sincerely,

Steven
London, UK

Neal Peacock

Dec 7, 2011, 10:40:55 AM12/7/11
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I dont use mac but in Linux you have to install the native shared
libraries and I had to build one for my arm device.

At the bottom of this page

http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/wiki/Documentation

They mention if you build from source it will create the native dll
files. Maybe you need to try and build from source, or see if maybe the
native drivers are included in the jar file?

--
Neal Peacock
VP of Product Development

steven_ew

Dec 14, 2011, 11:50:17 AM12/14/11
to bluecove-users
Dear Neal,

Thank you for your reply. I have found that bluecove doesn't work in
64bit JVM and adding -d32 at runtime allows bluecove to function
correctly. The project is now up and running - just need to do some
maths now for the display part!

I hope this solution is of help.

BW
Steven