WiimoteWhiteboard doesn't start

fdelente

Sep 7, 2008, 3:48:08 AM9/7/08
to bluecove-users
Hello.

I'm trying to use WiimoteWhiteboard (http://www.uweschmidt.org/wiimote-
whiteboard) on my linux laptop.

I already tried my bluetooth stack with cwiid, so I know it works.

I have copied bluecove-2.0.3.jar and bluecove-gpl-2.0.3.jar in the
WiimoteWhiteboard/ directory; I then start the application with

java -classpath bluecove-2.0.3.jar:bluecove-gpl-2.0.3.jar -jar
WiimoteWhiteboard.jar

but everytime I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bluetooth failed to initialize. There
is probably a problem with your local Bluetooth stack or API.
at wiiremotej.WiiRemoteJ.<clinit>(WiiRemoteJ.java:57)
at
org.uweschmidt.wiimote.whiteboard.WiimoteDataHandler.<init>(WiimoteDataHandler.java:
95)
at
org.uweschmidt.wiimote.whiteboard.WiimoteWhiteboard.startup(WiimoteWhiteboard.java:
76)
at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:
273)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:
183)
at
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:
173)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
168)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:
160)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121)
Caused by: javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ not available
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.loadStackClass(BlueCoveImpl.java:
344)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
430)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$600(BlueCoveImpl.java:69)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:970)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
968)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
961)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
77)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:97)
at wiiremotej.WiiRemoteJ.<clinit>(WiiRemoteJ.java:49)
... 11 more

Can anybody help me on that? Thanks!

Uwe

Sep 9, 2008, 1:38:58 PM9/9/08
to bluecove-users
Hi,

On Sep 7, 9:48 am, fdelente <fdele...@mail.cpod.fr> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to use WiimoteWhiteboard (http://www.uweschmidt.org/wiimote-
> whiteboard) on my linux laptop.

I'm the author of the Java WiimoteWhiteboard. Since you also posted
about this error on my website, I naturally went to look for help here
and directly found this thread.
I can't tell you why it doesn't work, but I can probably add some
valuable information for anyone who is willing to help, i.e. Vlad :)

Do you fulfill all the requirements mentioned at http://bluecove.org/bluecove-gpl
?

> I have copied bluecove-2.0.3.jar and bluecove-gpl-2.0.3.jar in the
> WiimoteWhiteboard/ directory; I then start the application with
>
> java -classpath bluecove-2.0.3.jar:bluecove-gpl-2.0.3.jar -jar
> WiimoteWhiteboard.jar

The reason why I said to add the bluecove-gpl library to the "/lib"-
folder my WiimoteWhiteboard.jar is that I use One-JAR (http://one-
jar.sourceforge.net/) to package the application. One-JAR's
classloader apparently ignores the "-classpath" option at the command
line, but loads all libraries of the folder "/lib" inside the main JAR
file (WiimoteWhiteboard.jar in this case).
Hence, after adding the bluecove-gpl library to WiimoteWhiteboard.jar,
it is sufficient to start my app with "java -jar
WiimoteWhiteboard.jar". You also don't need to add the bluecove-2.0.3
snapshot to WiimoteWhiteboard.jar, since it's already in there.

Some details in these two posts:
http://www.uweschmidt.org/comment/303
http://www.uweschmidt.org/comment/370

> but everytime I get
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bluetooth failed to initialize. There
> is probably a problem with your local Bluetooth stack or API.
>         at wiiremotej.WiiRemoteJ.<clinit>(WiiRemoteJ.java:57)
>         at...

Just for Vlad, you wrote on my website: "I'm on linux SlAMD64 12.1, I
have Java 1.6 installed."

Cheers,
Uwe