Re: bluecove issue

Paul Tötterman

Sep 22, 2006, 9:27:36 AM9/22/06
to shai, bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

> i saw your project bluecove on sourceforge then i saw you moved it
> to google code and no longer in source forge and since there are no
> discussions board on google code (none that i've seen) regarding
> this project im sending you email I hope thats ok.

It's quite ok, but there are "discussion boards" on Google Code. They
are actually mailing lists, hosted on Google Groups, and can be found
on the BlueCove home page and Google Code project page.

They are:
http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-users
http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-developers
http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-commits

> i've d/l the binary zip of blue cove installed on my pc and open a
> server connection using my own code is seem to work ok (no
> exception or errors thou i havent connected a client to it yet but
> im 99% sure its ok) my problem comes when i d/l the same zip to my
> laptop which has the same jdk version in it and got a jvm error
> "fatal exception occured" and the follow stack trace

> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: javax/microedition/io/
> Connection (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> at prj.application.SampleApp.start(SampleApp.java:13)
> at prj.application.SampleApp.main(SampleApp.java:24)
> Exception in thread "main"

Are you sure that it's the same JDK version? Because the only time
I've had this error is when I tried to run a class compiled with JDK
1.5 on JDK 1.4.

> from what i've read on the forum in the sourceforge ppl that had
> errors in the jvm said that recompile the project source would work
> my problems are

> 1.i dont have VS2005 license or any similer vs version

Visual Studio 2005 Express edition can be downloaded and used for
free. It is what I use.

> 2. i couldnt figure out the stracture of the javacode there is it
> in the format of a project of some ide? im using eclipse i often
> see other project that come with xml that i heard u supposed to
> build with "ant" or somthing like that if you could inlight me as
> to how i do that and if i open it with ant as a project or what

I sometimes use Eclipse, but mostly just JDK, Ant and Vim. Ant is a
"make" replacement for java. Install ant. Go to the directory with
the BlueCove source. Run "ant jar". This only compiles the java code.

> 3. do i need to compile both the java and the c++ or just one of
> them if so who?

If JNI has been stable between JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.4 then you should
only need to recompile the Java part. Otherwise you have to recompile
both.

BR,
Paul Tötterman

PS. I'm CC:ing this to bluecove-users