BluetoothStack

peperk

May 11, 2008, 3:58:27 PM5/11/08
to bluecove-users
Hi,

I have problem to run the RemoteDeviceDiscovery example. I use
2.0.2/2.0.3 version of bluecove with jdk 1.6.
I tried this example on notebook with built in bluetooth device.
The error message is:
Exception in thread "main" javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException:
BluetoothStack not detected
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackMicrosoft.initializationStatus(Native
Method)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackMicrosoft.initialize(BluetoothStackMicrosoft.java:
109)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.setBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
872)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
473)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:69)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:944)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
942)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
935)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
77)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:97)
at
sk.peperk.test.bt.RemoteDeviceDiscovery.main(RemoteDeviceDiscovery.java:
44)

Could you help me?

Thanks peperk

peperk

May 11, 2008, 4:41:46 PM5/11/08
to bluecove-users
Hi,

I have problem to run the RemoteDeviceDiscovery example.
I've got this error message:
I use bluecove 2.0.2/2.0.3, jdk 1.6 and built in bluetooth device on
my notebook.

Thanks peperk

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

May 12, 2008, 3:41:35 PM5/12/08
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Let me guess, You probably have Toshiba laptop? If so it probably has
Toshiba Bluetooth stack that is not supported by bluecove

Looks here to to how to find out details about your windows computer
Bluetooth stack.
http://www.bluecove.org/bluecove-examples/bluetooth-stack.html

peperk

May 14, 2008, 11:35:07 AM5/14/08
to bluecove-users
Hi,

No, I dont have Toshiba laptop but Sony. But, it has Toshiba Bluetooth
stack.
That means, I cant use bluecove on my laptop?

peperk

skarzh...@gmail.com

May 14, 2008, 12:13:35 PM5/14/08
to bluecove-users
I was able to run Toshiba and Microsoft Stack at the same time but
using different adapters.
So the answer is yes you can use bluecove on any laptop that has
Operating System and Bluetooth stacks supported by Bluecove.
And you can't use Toshiba Bluetooth stack together with BlueCove.