BlueCove com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ not available, on Ubuntu 9.04

Simon

Mar 3, 2010, 4:05:34 AM3/3/10
to bluecove-users, nalin...@gmail.com
Hi,
Am using ubuntu 9.04.
I have bluez 4.32

I installed those bluez libraries through the snaptic manager.
When I run my bluetooth application, i get the error below. However,
everything worked well with opensuse 10.3.

Can't initialize bluetooth:
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ not available
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.loadStackClass(BlueCoveImpl.java:
342)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
427)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:65)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:1020)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1018)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1011)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
75)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:95)
at
org.fcitmuk.communication.bluetooth.BluetoothServer.run(BluetoothServer.java:
98)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

How can I solve this?

Regards,
Simon.

Mina Shokry

Mar 3, 2010, 12:54:44 PM3/3/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com, nalin...@gmail.com
On ubuntu, make sure the library libbluetooth-dev is installed
refer to
http://code.google.com/p/bluecove/wiki/stacks

Simon

Mar 4, 2010, 4:48:12 AM3/4/10
to bluecove-users, Nalini
Thank you.

libbluetooth-dev is installed. Its version is 4.32-Oubuntu4.1 . Could
it be compatibility issues?

Regards,
Simon.

On Mar 3, 8:54 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On ubuntu, make sure the library libbluetooth-dev is installed

> refer tohttp://code.google.com/p/bluecove/wiki/stacks

> > bluecove-user...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Simo

Mar 4, 2010, 4:54:35 AM3/4/10
to bluecove-users
If it doesn't work you can try with:
cd /usr/lib
sudo ln ./libbluetooth.so.3 ./libbluetooth.so
With this link the my application under ubuntu 9.04 works correctly

On 4 Mar, 10:48, Simon <smuwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> libbluetooth-dev is installed. Its version is 4.32-Oubuntu4.1 . Could
> it be compatibility issues?
>
> Regards,
> Simon.
>
> On Mar 3, 8:54 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On ubuntu, make sure the library libbluetooth-dev is installed
> > refer tohttp://code.google.com/p/bluecove/wiki/stacks
>
> > On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Simon <smuwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > Am using ubuntu 9.04.
> > > I have bluez 4.32
>
> > > I installed those bluez libraries through the snaptic manager.
> > > When I run my bluetooth application, i get the error below. However,
> > > everything worked well with opensuse 10.3.
>

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------------------------------------------------

> > > Can't initialize bluetooth:
> > > javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove
> > > com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ not available
> > >        at
> > > com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.loadStackClass(BlueCoveImpl.java:
> > > 342)
> > >        at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
> > > 427)
> > >        at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:65)
> > >        at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:1020)
> > >        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> > >        at
> > > com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
> > > 1018)
> > >        at
> > > com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
> > > 1011)
> > >        at
> > > javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
> > > 75)
> > >        at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:95)
> > >        at
>

> > > org.fcitmuk.communication.bluetooth.BluetoothServer.run(BluetoothServer.jav­a:
> > > 98)
> > >        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­--------------------------------------------

> > > How can I solve this?
>
> > > Regards,
> > > Simon.
>
> > > --

> > > .
> > > For more options, visit this group at

> > >http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-users?hl=en.- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato -

Simon

Mar 15, 2010, 10:09:28 AM3/15/10
to bluecove-users
Just tried out the above commands, for linking the libraries.
the link is already existing.
here is what appears on the terminal.

---------------------------------
smuwanga@linux-simon:/usr/lib$ sudo ln ./libbluetooth.so.3 ./
libbluetooth.so
ln: creating hard link `./libbluetooth.so': File exists

---------------------------------
What else can we do to get it fixed?

BTW, I went ahead to put the bluecove libraries(bluecove-2.1.0.jar &
bluecove-gpl-2.1.0.jar) into the buildpath for my project. Am using
eclipse for development.

Here is the new error.
----------
BlueCove version 2.1.0 on bluez
ERROR - FormsBluetoothServer.errorOccured(83) |2010-03-15
16:43:14,445| Can't initialize bluetooth:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to retrieve the local discovery
mode.
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.nativeGetLocalDeviceDiscoverable(Native
Method)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.getLocalDeviceDiscoverable(BluetoothStackBlueZ.java:
273)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.setLocalDeviceDiscoverable(BluetoothStackBlueZ.java:
287)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.setDiscoverable(LocalDevice.java:206)
at
org.fcitmuk.communication.bluetooth.BluetoothServer.run(BluetoothServer.java:
101)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
----------

Cheers,
Simon.

Mina Shokry

Mar 15, 2010, 3:06:22 PM3/15/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
your problem isn't with the library. the library exists and it is loaded correctly.

from stacktrace, I see you are changing discovery mode. To do this on bluez, you need root permissions. try running your code with root privileges.

If the problem persists, try using the latest snapshot of bluecove (not the latest released version).

Simon

Mar 16, 2010, 6:11:09 AM3/16/10
to bluecove-users
Thanks Mina.

On Mar 15, 10:06 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> your problem isn't with the library. the library exists and it is loaded
> correctly.
>
> from stacktrace, I see you are changing discovery mode. To do this on bluez,
> you need root permissions. try running your code with root privileges.

I decided to launch eclipse(my development environment) and launched
the application, the errror still persists. Anything am doing wrong
here?

> If the problem persists, try using the latest snapshot of bluecove (not the
> latest released version).

I'll also look up a newer version as advised.

Simon.

> > citato

> > --

> > bluecove-user...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Mina Shokry

Mar 16, 2010, 6:47:05 PM3/16/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Hello Simon,
See my answers below.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Simon <smuw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Mina.

On Mar 15, 10:06 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> your problem isn't with the library. the library exists and it is loaded
> correctly.
>
> from stacktrace, I see you are changing discovery mode. To do this on bluez,
> you need root permissions. try running your code with root privileges.

I decided to launch eclipse(my development environment) and launched
the application, the errror still persists.  Anything am doing wrong
here?
I am afraid you might not be able to run your code with root privileges from inside eclipse.
Try producing an executable jar, then run it from command line with root permissions.

if you don't know how to do any of these, google will help you.

> If the problem persists, try using the latest snapshot of bluecove (not the
> latest released version).

I'll also look up a newer version as advised.

Please try previous steps before trying the latest snapshot.

Simon

Mar 17, 2010, 5:13:13 AM3/17/10
to bluecove-users
Thank you Mina.

The error for the "java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to retrieve the
local discovery
mode. " clears, and another one comes up. This occurs when am running
the application as root, and also the code as root.

Here is the new error.

---------------------------------
ERROR - FormsBluetoothServer.errorOccured(83) |2010-03-17
12:03:47,351| Can't initialize bluetooth:

On Mar 17, 1:47 am, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Simon,
> See my answers below.
>

> > <bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> >http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-users?hl=en.-Nasconditesto

> > <bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Mina Shokry

Mar 17, 2010, 4:12:35 PM3/17/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure bluecove-gpl.jar is in your classpath?

Simon

Mar 18, 2010, 5:38:15 AM3/18/10
to bluecove-users
I do have bluecove-gpl-2.1.0.jar and bluecove-2.1.0.jar in the
classpath.

Regards,
Simon.

On Mar 17, 11:12 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Are you sure bluecove-gpl.jar is in your classpath?

> > <bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> read more »

Simon

Apr 9, 2010, 5:14:25 AM4/9/10
to bluecove-users
Hi People,
I downloaded the code from the trunk(its a month old).
I have compiled the code using ant's build.xml file. I put the jars()
into my classpath. Now the error message changes to "
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove native library
version mismatch" .
Here is the full stack trace.
Running OpenXData Forms Bluetooth Server at address:
F0E0D0C0B0A000908070605040301116
ERROR - BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(452) |2010-04-09 11:43:19,212|
BlueCove native library version mismatch 2010100 expected 2010051
ERROR - FormsBluetoothServer.errorOccured(101) |2010-04-09
11:43:19,218| Can't initialize bluetooth:
javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove native library
version mismatch
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
454)

at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.access$500(BlueCoveImpl.java:65)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl$1.run(BlueCoveImpl.java:1020)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.detectStackPrivileged(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1018)
at
com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.getBluetoothStack(BlueCoveImpl.java:
1011)
at
javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDeviceInstance(LocalDevice.java:
75)
at javax.bluetooth.LocalDevice.getLocalDevice(LocalDevice.java:95)
at
org.fcitmuk.communication.bluetooth.BluetoothServer.run(BluetoothServer.java:
98)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

How can I get the right bluecove version?
Any idea on how I can solve this mismatch problem?

Thanking you,
Simon.

> read more »

Mina Shokry

Apr 9, 2010, 7:28:34 AM4/9/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
be sure you downloaded and compiled code of both bluecove and bluecove-gpl.

Simon

Apr 12, 2010, 3:36:59 AM4/12/10
to bluecove-users
Oh thanks Mina.
I downloaded and compiled the code for bluecove from
http://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove . I also did the
same bluecove-gpl which I pulled from http://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove-gpl
. Could there be another link am meant to have used?

Thanking you,
Simon.

On Apr 9, 2:28 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > <bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>

> >http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-users?hl=en.-Nasconditesto

> > <bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>

> > > read more »
>
> > --

> > bluecove-user...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Mina Shokry

Apr 12, 2010, 3:52:14 AM4/12/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com

these should be sufficient

Sent from Android Dev Phone 1

On Apr 12, 2010 9:37 AM, "Simon" <smuw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Oh thanks Mina.
I downloaded and compiled the code for bluecove from
http://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove . I also did the
same bluecove-gpl which I pulled from http://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove-gpl
. Could there be another link am meant to have used?

Thanking you,
Simon.

On Apr 9, 2:28 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> be sure you downloaded and compiled code of both bluecove and bluecove-gpl.On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at ...

> > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>

> > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>

> > > read more »
>
> > --

> > bluecove-user...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

> > .

> >http://groups.google.com/group/bluecove-users?hl=...

To...

Simon

Apr 12, 2010, 11:15:25 AM4/12/10
to bluecove-users

I have done an update to the latest version, compiled and deployed the
two libraries . BTW, during the build, I included the cpp headers.
The error still persists.

I have seen a libbluecove.so that is found in src/main/java/
resources . Is that the default lib that am meant to use?
Am I supposed to generate a new libbluecove.so for my OS'
architecture? Just seen the bluecove-gpl/build.xml' target(compile-
native-lib) . Is there anything that needs adjustment?

Here is my OS' architecture as a result of #uname -a
Linux linux-simon 2.6.28-17-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 1 18:57:07
UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

Whats the buecove-blueZ project for? Should I compile and install it
to replace the one I have on my system so as to clear the mismatch in
native libraries?

Thank you once more,
Simon.

On Apr 12, 10:52 am, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> these should be sufficient

> Sent from Android Dev Phone 1
>

> On Apr 12, 2010 9:37 AM, "Simon" <smuwa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Oh thanks Mina.

> I downloaded and compiled the code for bluecove fromhttp://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove. I also did the
> same bluecove-gpl which I pulled fromhttp://bluecove.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bluecove-gpl

> . Could there be another link am meant to have used?
>
> Thanking you,
> Simon.
>
> On Apr 9, 2:28 pm, Mina Shokry <minasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > be sure you downloaded and compiled code of both bluecove and
>
> bluecove-gpl.On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at ...> > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>
>

> <bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252525252B...@googlegroups.com>

> > > <bluecove-users%25252Bun...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com>
>

> <bluecove-users%2525252Bu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252525252B...@googlegroups.com>

> > > --
> > > bluecove-user...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
>

> <bluecove-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<bluecove-users%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

Mina Shokry

Apr 13, 2010, 4:57:06 AM4/13/10
to bluecov...@googlegroups.com
It seems you are doing something wrong but I can not exactly figure it out. Resulted libbluecove.so won't exist in this path. and the build script will automatically generate native library for your os and architecture.

If you are on linux and using bluecove-gpl, you should only use the native library on bluecove-gpl.

bluecove-gpl and bluecove-bluez are two alternative modules that can replace each other. No need to use them both together. Each module has its pros and cons but now, bluecove-gpl is more stable as bluecove-bluez was excluded from last release as it isn't yet updated to support bluez 4.x. which runs on most modern linux releases.

If you just want to use the latest code, you may download an already built snapshot. see them here http://snapshot.bluecove.org/distribution/download/2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/

Simon

Apr 13, 2010, 10:37:45 AM4/13/10
to bluecove-users
I decided to download the bluecove libraries from
http://snapshot.bluecove.org/distribution/download/2.1.1-SNAPSHOT/ .I
deployed them, and also placed a copy in the classpath of my project.
Unfortunately the error persists. Could it be that the bluetooth radio
is spoilt?

Thank you again,
Simon