bluecove-bluez module on BlueZ 4

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Dec 6, 2008, 12:36:14 PM12/6/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I tried to run our bluecove-bluez module using Fedora 10/BlueZ v4. It
does not work.
Method "DefaultAdapter" with signature "" on interface
"org.bluez.Manager" doesn't exist

Anybody willing to dedicate time and make it work on BlueZ v4 and BlueZ v3?

For now I'm not planning on including bluecove-bluez to next 2.1
Release as well.

Mark are you planning on continuing to support this module?

--
Vlad

Mark Swanson

Dec 27, 2008, 1:54:30 AM12/27/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com

Ok, I'll take a look.

Is everything still in the bluecove-bluez module in SVN?

If you have any thoughts on API changes or other requirements that will
affect this work please let me know.

The LICENSE.txt file is the LGPL - should it not be Apache 2.0?
build.xml, pom.xml, README.txt also mention the LGPL...

Cheers.

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Dec 27, 2008, 2:03:29 AM12/27/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
AL-v2: Yes made a mistake with LICENSE.txt - will need to replace it.
will fix the build.xml as well
in POM there are just a comments. But will correct them as well.

----
in sources I added comments that has been changed in BlueZ4

Ideally would be nice to work with BlueZ v3 and BlueZ v4

Add service registration would be nice.
--
Vlad

Mark Swanson

Dec 27, 2008, 11:57:15 AM12/27/08
Vlad Skarzhevskyy wrote:
> AL-v2: Yes made a mistake with LICENSE.txt - will need to replace it.
> will fix the build.xml as well
> in POM there are just a comments. But will correct them as well.
>
> ----
> in sources I added comments that has been changed in BlueZ4
>
> Ideally would be nice to work with BlueZ v3 and BlueZ v4
>
> Add service registration would be nice.

I see you resolved the compile error your posted about. It looks like
you did all of the maintenance required to ship -bluez with 2.1.0.

The RunDBusManager worked ootb. All unit tests passed. It works fine
with BlueZ v4.
Oh, heh heh... some of my tests to exclude my neighbour's BT device are
still in there...

What makes you think the current code won't work with BlueZ V3? I have
an old box with BlueZ v2, and everything else has been upgraded to V4 so
I'm unable to test V3 compatibility atm.

Patch attached so my neighbour can use bluecove :-)

bz.patch

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Dec 27, 2008, 1:42:22 PM12/27/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
Mark
You still in a project development group. So you can commit the
changes yourself.
I'm sorry I have not done the code review other wise I would have
sounded alarm for what I see in the code!!!!
For the problem with 'neighbour ' I have project 'bluecove-tester'
you can create a file bluecove.device.ignore.txt and add it to
resources of the project. This is what I used for testing.

As to testing I have done a minimal runs on Fedra 9 and 10 made some
fixes to make it run (20 min job)
A responsible work is required to test all the functionality.
As I remember something was wrong !

Also incubator\dbus-java do not compile on new systems and in build server.

[INFO] mkdir -p "target"
[INFO] mkdir -p "target/classes"
[INFO] rm -f "target/*.o"
[INFO] rm -f "target/classes/libunix-java*.*"
[INFO] gcc -fpic -Wall -Os -pedantic -std=c99 -I
/usr/java/jdk1.5.0/include -I /usr/java/jdk1.5.0/include/linux
src/main/native/unix-java.c -o target/classes/libunix-java.so -fpic
-shared -lc
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c: In function
'Java_cx_ath_matthew_unix_UnixSocket_native_1getPID':
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:302: error: storage size of 'cr' isn't known
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:302: warning: unused variable 'cr'
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c: In function
'Java_cx_ath_matthew_unix_UnixSocket_native_1getUID':
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:323: error: storage size of 'cr' isn't known
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:323: warning: unused variable 'cr'
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c: In function
'Java_cx_ath_matthew_unix_UnixSocket_native_1getGID':
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:344: error: storage size of 'cr' isn't known
[INFO] src/main/native/unix-java.c:344: warning: unused variable 'cr'
[INFO] make: *** [so] Error 1
--
Vlad

Vlad Skarzhevskyy

Dec 27, 2008, 7:54:36 PM12/27/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com
For me it does not work out of the box.

When I run current sources on Fedora 10 - 32 bit I get this error:

org.freedesktop.DBus$Error$UnknownMethod: Method "DefaultAdapter" with

signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Manager" doesn't exist

org.freedesktop.DBus$Error$UnknownMethod: Method "DefaultAdapter" with

signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Manager" doesn't exist

at org.freedesktop.dbus.Error.getException(Error.java:106)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.Error.throwException(Error.java:136)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.RemoteInvocationHandler.executeRemoteMethod(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:135)
at org.freedesktop.dbus.RemoteInvocationHandler.invoke(RemoteInvocationHandler.java:187)
at $Proxy1.DefaultAdapter(Unknown Source)
at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueZ.initialize(BluetoothStackBlueZ.java:277)

Mark Swanson

Dec 28, 2008, 12:57:34 PM12/28/08
to bluecove-...@googlegroups.com

Ok. I know what the issue is.
I'm building another box right now so I'll have a KUbuntu 8.04 and
KUbuntu 8.10 available. Later today I'll investigate further.