Blogofile not picking up changes to some mako templates.

HedgeMage

Jul 6, 2012, 8:46:57 PM7/6/12
to blogofil...@googlegroups.com
I installed blogofile and blogofile_blog from git on a machine running Funtoo Linux using Python 3.2.

However, after I got the blog basically working (edited _config.py to my liking, including enabling Disqus, created a bunch of posts in _posts and made sure the site was being generated as expected) it came time to theme it to my liking.  I had assumed it would be as simple as editing the mako files in _templates/ to my liking.  However, changes to the templates in _templates/blog/ are being picked up and used by blogofile, while changes to templates residing in _templates/ itself are being ignored.  Running "blogofile build" yeilds no errors.

I'm not sure whether I've found a bug, or am just missing some step in the process.  Help!

-- Susan (HedgeMage)

Ravi

Jul 6, 2012, 10:25:27 PM7/6/12
to blogofil...@googlegroups.com, HedgeMage
On Friday, July 06, 2012 05:46:57 PM HedgeMage wrote:
> However, after I got the blog basically working (edited _config.py to my
> liking, including enabling Disqus, created a bunch of posts in _posts and
> made sure the site was being generated as expected) it came time to theme
> it to my liking. I had assumed it would be as simple as editing the mako
> files in _templates/ to my liking. However, changes to the templates in
> _templates/blog/ are being picked up and used by blogofile, while changes
> to templates residing in _templates/ itself are being ignored. Running
> "blogofile build" yeilds no errors.
>
> I'm not sure whether I've found a bug, or am just missing some step in the
> process. Help!

You have found a bug; we are working through it now. See

http://groups.google.com/group/blogofile-
discuss/browse_thread/thread/99459391752f8c6a

For now, the easisest workaround is to move the templates from _templates/blog
to _templates.

Regards,
Ravi

Ravi

Jul 7, 2012, 10:26:55 PM7/7/12
to blogofil...@googlegroups.com, HedgeMage
On Friday, July 06, 2012 05:46:57 PM HedgeMage wrote:
> However, changes to the templates in
> _templates/blog/ are being picked up and used by blogofile, while changes
> to templates residing in _templates/ itself are being ignored. Running
> "blogofile build" yeilds no errors.

You can find a fixed version of the code at my forks:
http://github.com/orki/blogofile_blog
http://github.com/orki/blogofile

You will also need to update your _config.py to add all plugin paths with
something like the following:
blog.template_path = ["_templates","_templates/blog"]

Hope this helps. Doug, do you want an official pull request?

Regards,
Ravi