Upgraded to 5.9.8.010, entries show on blog, but not in admin

Adrian Moreno

Nov 16, 2011, 1:30:53 AM11/16/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I created a new database, ran the SQL (MySQL), then ran the INSERTs from my current blog's export. I only had to change the SQL for tblblogentriesrelated since there's no longer an 'id' column.

I didn't import my record from 'tblusers' since I knew that there was a hashed password now. So I just logged into the admin, changed the password, then went into the DB and changed tblusers.username to my previous username.

I then went into 'tbluserroles' and updated the username related to the Admin role to match tblusers.username. Did the same with 'tblblogentries'.

The public blog displays all of my existing blog entries and if I click one, I see the entry. However, the tag cloud does not show all of my current categories. It shows only 6, where my current site shows ~30. Maybe that's a change in default settings, I'm not sure. Anyway, when I log into the admin section, the only post that shows up is the one post that I had never released. All of the released entries do not show on the "Entries" page, but if I create a new one, they show up in Related Entries after I select a category.

I created a test entry and it shows up on the "Entries" page, but it's marked as Not Released. I thought having the Admin role associated to my user gave me full permissions.

I'm _this_ close to having my new site ready to go. Any ideas what I'm missing? Thanks.

Raymond Camden

Nov 16, 2011, 6:37:55 AM11/16/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Check the roles for your admin account.

Raymond Camden, Adobe Developer Evangelist

Email : raymon...@gmail.com
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com
Twitter: cfjedimaster

Adrian Moreno

Nov 16, 2011, 10:51:09 AM11/16/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Should there be a "user" account that is the author of the blog and an "admin" account? I only have one user record and that's the username associated to the blog entries. That user is associated to the Admin role.

Raymond Camden

Nov 16, 2011, 11:20:43 AM11/16/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that sounds right to me.

Well - since you are a technical type of user (grin), I suggest
getting your hands dirty and just debug. It's got to be something
simple.

Adrian Moreno

Nov 18, 2011, 5:34:53 PM11/18/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
Utilizing the debugging technique of "rebooting my computer". After starting up Apache, MySQL and CF, Not only did the tag cloud display all current tags, but when I logged into the admin section, my (one) user had the admin privilege and all of my current entries were available.

File this under "d'oh!".

New site should be online this weekend and I've got a LOT to talk about. :)

Raymond Camden

Nov 18, 2011, 8:55:33 PM11/18/11
to blo...@googlegroups.com
You did do a basic ?reinit=1 right?