Mail plugin

53 vues

Tim Lawson

non lue,
18 août 2012, 11:06:4718/08/2012
à blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to be stupid about this but I need to know what I'm doing wrong:
  • Invoke QS
  • Type <Mail>  Get Mail.app in first QS pane
  • Tab to get to action pane
  • Type <comp> to compose email
  • Tab to third QS pane
  • Type recipient's name
  • Press <Enter> to open new mail window
The result of this to to append Mail.app as an attachment to my new Mail when all I'm hoping for is a new mail window with the chosen recipient/s (I gather I can use the comma trick to send the email to more than one) in the 'To:' field.

I repeat:  what am I doing wrong - it's probably blindingly obvious...

Tim.

Haider Rizvi

non lue,
18 août 2012, 12:20:3418/08/2012
Tim Lawson <stati...@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry to be stupid about this but I need to know what I'm doing
> wrong: o Invoke QS o Type <Mail> Get Mail.app in first QS pane o
> Tab to get to action pane o Type <comp> to compose email o Tab to
> third QS pane o Type recipient's name o Press <Enter> to open new
> mail window

I think QS is doing what you are telling it to do. Your object is the Mail app in this case, you are telling QS to
mail it to your contact. You can change it to some text, by typing .message in the text box.

Or .....

contact<tab> compose email<enter>
This should open up a Mail (or your default mail handler app) in its compose message window.

or

This will open a compose window with your message already in there.

Regards,
--
Haider

Tim

non lue,
18 août 2012, 12:49:5918/08/2012
à blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha - thank you. You see, I was approaching it from the exact wrong direction... mail to someone as opposed to someone - send mail to that person

Cheers!

Sent from MiPhone.
Please excuse brevity or tpyos.
> --

Howard Melman

non lue,
18 août 2012, 16:02:4218/08/2012
à blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, the thing is you can approach from either direction, QS is great about that. You just have to put your message or the file you want to send in the first pane. Usually people don't notice the difference in these two different actions:

Email To...
Email Item...

and both have variants for Compose, Send and Send Directly.

The manual is out of date, but it walks through all this pretty well. Just jump to the Mail section.

Howard

Rob McBroom

non lue,
19 août 2012, 08:31:1819/08/2012
On Aug 18, 2012, at 4:02 PM, Howard Melman <hme...@gmail.com> wrote:

The manual is out of date, but it walks through all this pretty well.

I realize we've all been conditioned not to expect much from the built-in help, but as of the last release, it's explained there as well. :-)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Répondre à tous