boots into read-only filesystem

vqu...@computerhistory.org

Sep 28, 2016, 4:18:20 PM9/28/16
to BitCurator Users
I am trying to do a fresh install of BitCurator.   I first start off with ISO version 1.7.34.   The installation from USB drive went without a hitch.  Restarted the system after installation completed to be from the hard drive.  Got in fine,  do another reboot just in case.  System from then on boots up into read-only filesystem.  Which is an indicator that maybe the harddrive has issues?

Well,  I then install iso version 1.6.22 on the same harddrive.  installation from usb drive went fine,  restarted the system after wards.  It seems to be fine.  Restarted it again and again,  Still fine, which indicates my harddrive has no issues.

So what is it about iso version 1.7.34 that makes it boot into read-only filesystem.

vqu...@computerhistory.org

Sep 28, 2016, 7:26:36 PM9/28/16
to BitCurator Users
Finally got the filesystem to be r/w.   Changed SystemD to Upstart.