ISO9660 directory names

gregory....@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2016, 2:05:07 PM6/24/16
to BitCurator Users

Does anyone know of an easy way to get the complete directory names from an ISO9660 image?

I have a lot of DVDs imaged to raw .dd files and the directory names might be the only description I have for some of them. I've been using fiwalk and icat within a python script to extract the files in mass, but both fiwalk and TSK tools like fls seem to just give me the DOS-style 8.3 truncated directory names (like STUDEN~1). The complete folder names are there when I mount them, but some are not mounting correctly. Is there an easy way to get the full names from the images?

Thanks,
Greg Wiedeman

Kam Woods

Jun 24, 2016, 2:13:42 PM6/24/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
There are various ways. BitCurator includes the standard isotools, so you could do something like:

bcadmin@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ isoinfo -f -R -i files.iso

(from a terminal, for some iso image "files.iso" that's on my desktop). This will provide a line-by-line full-path listing for every file using the Rock Ridge extensions for longer names.

Kam

gregory....@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 10:05:02 AM6/27/16
to BitCurator Users
Thanks for the help. They were actually joliet extensions so the -R flag still returned the truncated paths, but just changing the flag to -J worked:

bcadmin@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ isoinfo -f -J -i image.iso

Thanks,
Greg