Disk Image Acess Interface

Rodney Swaner

May 9, 2016, 4:00:49 PM5/9/16
to BitCurator Users
Hi,

I am running the Disk Image Access Interface on a disk image I made from Guymager. I selected all and export selections but the orange bar at the bottom of the screen is still running after a couple of hours. How does it export the data? Does it usually take that long for a disk image around 150 GB? The information on the BitCurator Wiki only gives very basic information about this application. Thanks

Kam Woods

May 9, 2016, 4:12:12 PM5/9/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodney,

I wouldn't recommend using that tool to export large quantities of files. It needs to be updated to improve the performance and provide better feedback.

Unless you need to export the deleted files, you're better off simply mounting the disk image and using rsync (either on the command-line using something that preserves permissions, timestamps, and ownership like "rsync -avz /path/to/mountedfilesystem /path/to/exportfolder" or with the graphical equivalent, grsync, which is also installed in BitCurator).

Regards,

Kam

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Rodney Swaner <rsw...@utah.gov> wrote:
Hi,

I am running the Disk Image Access Interface on a disk image I made from Guymager. I selected all and export selections but the orange bar at the bottom of the screen is still running after a couple of hours. How does it export the data? Does it usually take that long for a disk image around 150 GB? The information on the BitCurator Wiki only gives very basic information about this application. Thanks

Rodney Swaner

May 9, 2016, 4:37:42 PM5/9/16
to bitcurator-users
Thanks Kam. Sorry did not mean to say Cam last time I wrote. How long has Bagger been part of BitCurator suite?

Rodney Swaner
Digital Archivist
B.S, M.S. and SAA DAS Certification
The State Archives hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Cal Lee

May 9, 2016, 8:32:51 PM5/9/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
> How long
> has Bagger been part of BitCurator suite?

It's been there for a couple years. See page 48 of the Quick Start Guide.

- Cal

Rodney Swaner