Locked CD Tray

Matthew Disregardmatthew Farrell

Feb 4, 2014, 3:33:44 PM2/4/14
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if anyone else is running into this in BitCurator. I'm seeing it in the VM 0.7.0 (host machine is a 64-bit Windows 7 tower), but have experienced in 0.5.4 as well.

Upon ejecting an optical disc (right-click the icon in launcher and select eject), the tray stays open for a brief period before closing again. Sometimes it locks at this point, and will not respond to the drive's physical eject button nor will Linux attempt to read or mount the disc.

Searching Ubuntu forums, there are a number of proposed workarounds, but the only one I've found to be successful is to open a terminal window and enter the command: eject -i 0, which forces the use of the physical eject button.

This doesn't seem to be a problem specific to any of BitCurator's tools, but am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar difficulties.

Alston Cobourn

Jun 23, 2017, 10:38:16 AM6/23/17
to BitCurator Users
I am experiencing this now on VM 5.1.22.  I am going to try to use the terminmal command you have suggested, so thank you for that.  Anyone else have thoughts on this?