Error message when down loading latest version

Rodney Swaner

Jun 17, 2015, 12:58:53 PM6/17/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
I have tried twice now to download the executable file(s) for BitCurator and keep getting an error message. Cam, please see attached. I was able to install the Oracle VM Virtual Box with no problem. Thanks

Rod Swaner
Utah State Archives

BitCurator error.docx

Kam Woods

Jun 17, 2015, 1:10:15 PM6/17/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodney,

It looks like you only have a partial download of the .tar.gz file. The full file is ~3.0GB - it appears the file you have is only about 250MB.

Kam

Rodney Swaner

Jun 17, 2015, 1:11:26 PM6/17/15
to bitcurator-users
Thank you. Can you suggest why the complete file is not downloading?

Rod

Rod Swaner
Digital Archivist 1
DAS certification SAA
Digital Forensics APU
Utah State Archives
346 S Rio Grande
SLC, UT 84101

The State Archives hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Rodney Swaner

Jun 17, 2015, 1:17:14 PM6/17/15
to bitcurator-users
Cam,

I am wondering if it has something to do with possible interruptions to our broadband connection during the download process. I am able to install everything on my laptop at home. When I get to work, I am run into this problem.

Thanks,
Rod

Rod Swaner
Digital Archivist 1
DAS certification SAA
Digital Forensics APU
Utah State Archives
346 S Rio Grande
SLC, UT 84101

The State Archives hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Kam Woods

Jun 17, 2015, 1:17:27 PM6/17/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodney,

Our server is located at the LiquidWeb facility in Michigan. It's not showing any outages, or overloads/failures over the past few weeks. The files on the server are intact (I just checked) and I (in North Carolina) am able to download them fine both on my home and work networks. The problem is likely on your end.

Kam

Rodney Swaner