unable to save files to USB external HDD when using LiveCD

Kari R Smith

Jul 13, 2017, 2:59:51 PM7/13/17
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

So in my continuing saga of using the LiveCD – this iw working great from a USB stick – I cannot save any files to my USB connected HDD.  I’ve worked out the correct device ID (sdc2) and I have made it writeable under the Mount settings.  However, I’m getting consistent errors that the program (Bagger) cannot write to the disk.   Thoughts?  I’m trying this on a demo laptop in prep for going to an Office for file acquisition. The demo laptop only has one USB port so I’m using the USB port on the docking station for the HDD.  It is able to be seen and mounted by BC so I’m unclear why I can’t write to it.

Seems like with the LiveCD option, I can’t make a shared folder like I usually do when I’m using BC as a virtual machine.

Basically, I’m trying to do a data acquisition of a disk that is in a computer box which I can’t take it out of so trying the option to use a LiveCD of BC and then save the data to an external HDD.

Kari R. Smith

Digital Archivist and Program Head for Born-digital Archives

Institute Archives and Special Collections

Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries, Cambridge, Massachusetts

617.253.5690   smithkr at mit.edu   http://libraries.mit.edu/archives/  @karirene69