2017 BitCurator Users Forum - Final Program Now Available

Sam Meister

Apr 12, 2017, 10:35:49 AM4/12/17
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com

**Please excuse cross-postings**

On behalf of the BitCurator Consortium Program Committee, I'm pleased to share some exciting announcements related to the upcoming 2017 BitCurator Users Forum “Digital Forensics: The Academic Library and Beyond”, scheduled to take place April 27-28 2017 on the campus of Northwestern University.

Final Program Live!

We are happy to announce that the final program is now available on the BitCurator Consortium website.

Day 1 of the Forum will consist of two workshop tracks focusing on digital forensics and the BitCurator software environment for both novices and advanced users. The first track, Testing the BitCurator Waters, is aimed at exposing novice users to the environment in order to ensure that all attendees will have common reference points for the activities on day two. The second advanced track, Diving Deep with BitCurator, will feature discussions and problem-solving sessions around desired functionality, as well as workflow breakdowns and their potential solutions. Day 2 will be a mix of panel sessions, lightning talks, and birds of a feather discussions, covering a range of topics from software development, workflows and documentation, and ethics of forensics. We are looking forward to all of the exciting projects and ideas that will be generated during the Forum. See you in Evanston!

If you haven’t already, register for the 2017 BitCurator Users Forum here: https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/registration

Sponsors

Finally, the Program Committee would like to thank our sponsors, Digital Intelligence, Digital Library Federation, and the Association for Computers in the Humanities, whose generous support has helped to make the expanded 2017 BitCurator Users Forum possible.

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
s...@educopia.org
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister