Version 9.12

Nicole Marquis

Jun 12, 2014, 12:33:47 PM6/12/14
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com

Hi!
I'm currently installing BitCurator on a new to me computer and I saw that there was a new release as of yesterday.  What are the features of this version?  Does it include support for USB 3.0 ports?
Thanks!

Kam Woods

Jun 12, 2014, 1:21:42 PM6/12/14
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicole,

We'll be putting up a note about this release soon (I had to get on a plane just after pushing it up), but in short, the updates are primarily a significant overhaul to the File Access tab in the BitCurator forensic tool, and a range of other bugfixes.

Regarding USB 3.0 support: no, VirtualBox still has no support for USB 3.0. However, it's worth noting that BitCurator supports USB 3.0 just fine - as long as you install it as the host OS, rather than using the VM. We don't have any control over when VirtualBox will update their USB support. If this is a significant issue for you, another option is to create your own VM using the ISO install image in a commercial virtualization platform that *does* support USB 3.0, such as VMware.

Kam