Filename Changes in CD Disk Image

Heidi Elaine Dowding

May 5, 2016, 4:52:46 PM5/5/16
to BitCurator Users
Hi,

We just ran into a weird issue this afternoon using Guymager on a CD-R. For some reason, within the disk image the characters of the filename changed (see attached screenshot). On the actual media these are fine, so we're confused about what's happening. We re-ran Guymager to make sure this isn't a one-off and then also tried dd. The files still work fine, but we're really curious about what's causing this. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heidi
GuyMagerCD.png

Kam Woods

May 5, 2016, 6:47:23 PM5/5/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Heidi,

Hmm. A character encoding issue in the original media, perhaps? Others may want to chime in.

Could you run the following command in a terminal and send me the output? You'll need to replace /home/bcadmin/Desktop/testcd.iso with whatever the path to your filename is.

I've included sample output so you can see what it should look like. I'm specifically interested in the Data preparer id and notes about Joliet and Rock Ridge extensions, as a start.

bcadmin@ubuntu:~/Desktop$ isoinfo -d -i /home/bcadmin/Desktop/testcd.iso
CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id: CD-RTOS CD-BRIDGE
Volume id: SEP_06_2007
Volume set id:
Publisher id:
Data preparer id: IMAPI ISO-9660 Formatter Copyright (C) 2001 Microsoft & Roxio
Application id:
Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1
Volume set sequence number is: 0
Logical block size is: 2048
Volume size is: 113758
isoinfo: Warning: Joliet escape sequence uses illegal space at offset 3
Joliet with UCS level 3 found
NO Rock Ridge present
bcadmin@ubuntu:~/Desktop$

Heidi Elaine Dowding

May 10, 2016, 10:28:51 AM5/10/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hey Kam,

Thanks for the reply, sorry the delay. We just ran the command, this is our output:

CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
System id: CD-RTOS CD-BRIDGE
Volume id: MKocias 1

Volume set id:
Publisher id:
Data preparer id:
Application id: CDUDF File System - Adaptec Inc

Copyright File id:
Abstract File id:
Bibliographic File id:
Volume set size is: 1