External Storage Problems

Lance Stuchell

Jan 17, 2018, 12:08:02 PM1/17/18
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We had a troubling issue emerge in our workflow and want to run it past this group. Last week when we opened the shortcut to our NAS mount on BitCurator the window starting loading the files in a weird way before disappearing. We confirmed that everything on the NAS seems to have been deleted. This is not the first time something like this has happened. We used an external USB hard drive on our first BC computer to store images until something very similar happened and the external drive was wiped clean.

We use the NAS as a storage pool for our lab and luckily we only lost about two days work. My real concern is that now this has happened twice on two different types of external storage using two different workstations running BitCurator. I understand that it is impossible to diagnose something like this from an email, what I am really hoping to hear is if anyone has ever had something similar happen, whether when using BC or some other setup.

Oh, and yes, we are now backing up the NAS.

Thanks so much!

Lance

--
Lance Stuchell