Delete disk image

Rodney Swaner

May 6, 2016, 11:57:56 AM5/6/16
to BitCurator Users
Cam,

I created a test disk image to BitCurator desktop and can not delete it. I can delete the copy in the shared folder. Did not do something wrong when I set up the disk image in Guymager? See attached. Thanks
Screenshot from 2016-05-06 11_40_08.png

Kam Woods

May 6, 2016, 12:04:47 PM5/6/16
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Rodney,

Guymager creates disk images as root, so you must open a window as the root user to change permissions or delete the file. Right-click on any folder on the desktop, and select "Scripts->Open Browser as Root". Navigate to your disk image and you should be able to delete the file and/or change permissions.

Regards,

Kam

On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Rodney Swaner <rsw...@utah.gov> wrote:
Cam,

I created a test disk image to BitCurator desktop and can not delete it. I can delete the copy in the shared folder. Did not do something wrong when I set up the disk image in Guymager? See attached. Thanks

Rodney Swaner

May 6, 2016, 12:22:49 PM5/6/16
to bitcurator-users
Thank you.

Rodney Swaner
Digital Archivist
B.S, M.S. and SAA DAS Certification
The State Archives hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.