Downloading software

Rodney Swaner

Sep 17, 2015, 12:48:28 PM9/17/15
to BitCurator Users
Cam,

I have downloaded the tar.gz file and file size is 2.5 GB at work with fiber optic and at home with broadband.. You said there was a checksum/hash to check fixity on download of software because when I extract the 2.5 GB file, the extraction fails. Can you give me the link of where the checksum is? I had BitCurator installed some time ago but older version. But the new releases this year are the ones I am having problems with. I tried to do the ISO disk image method, but ran into issues too. Once burned to a disk I can not get it to execute. Thanks Rod

Matthew Disregardmatthew Farrell

Sep 17, 2015, 1:20:50 PM9/17/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rodney -

I believe the md5 checksum is here:

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Rodney Swaner <rsw...@utah.gov> wrote:
Cam,

I have downloaded the tar.gz file and file size is 2.5 GB at work with fiber optic and at home with broadband.. You said there was a checksum/hash to check fixity on download of software because when I extract the 2.5 GB file, the extraction fails. Can you give me the link of where the checksum is? I had BitCurator installed some time ago but older version. But the new releases this year are the ones I am having problems with. I tried to do the ISO disk image method, but ran into issues too. Once burned to a disk I can not get it to execute. Thanks Rod

Rodney Swaner

Sep 17, 2015, 1:22:37 PM9/17/15
to bitcurator-users
Thanks

Rod Swaner
Digital Archivist 1
DAS certification SAA
Digital Forensics APU
Utah State Archives
346 S Rio Grande
SLC, UT 84101

The State Archives hours of operations are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.