BitCurator Reports issue

Caitlin Birch

Apr 12, 2017, 2:22:50 PM4/12/17
to BitCurator Users
Hi all,

I'm brand new to the group and am unsure of the protocol for requesting help, so feel free to point me in another direction if this message isn't the way to go.

I recently captured an EWF disk image of a 30GB flash drive, ran Bulk Extractor on it, and then attempted a "Run All" with BitCurator Reports. I got the Fiwalk XML and annotations without issue, but got stuck at the "Generating BitCurator reports" stage. The process hung for three full days before I finally canceled it. I've scrolled through past threads in this group and have seen a few that seem to deal with a similar issue, but I couldn't locate any solutions. Would welcome insights from anyone who has them.

Thanks!

Caitlin Birch
Digital Collections and Oral History Archivist
Dartmouth College

Matthew Disregardmatthew Farrell

Apr 12, 2017, 2:35:51 PM4/12/17
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caitlin -

Are you running BitCurator as a VM or as native OS? If either case, how much memory does your computer have? If running VM, how much memory have you given the VM?

Best,
farrell

Caitlin Birch

Apr 13, 2017, 10:14:43 AM4/13/17
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com

Hi Farrell,

Thanks for the response! I’m running BitCurator as a VM. The computer has 32GB of memory, and the VM has about 26GB.

Best,

Caitlin

Caitlin Birch | Digital Collections and Oral History Archivist

Rauner Special Collections Library | Dartmouth College