uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for FRED?

David Tenenholtz

Aug 3, 2017, 2:20:10 PM8/3/17
to BitCurator Users
Dear Collective Wisdom,

I'm interested in learning about options for a power conditioning device to use with the FRED that we use at the RAND Corporate Archives. Are other FRED users out there using an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) or other type of power conditioner? It is a recommendation from Digital Intelligence to use a UPS, but the costs associated with one that can provide around 2,000 watts runs in the $4-7K range, I believe. Any advice on this matter is very appreciated! Feel free to contact me through the list or at dten...@rand.org

Kind regards,
David

-----

David Tenenholtz

Digital Archivist, RAND Corporation

1776 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90407-2138

(310) 393-0411 x6188

dten...@rand.org