black screen when I run BitCurator in Virtual Machine

Alston Brake

Feb 16, 2015, 11:15:44 AM2/16/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
I have installed oracle virtual machine and BitCurator on two computers where all seems fine, but I only get a black screen when I run BitCurator.  I get the little window that says the Ubuntu is firing up.  My director of library technology has looked at it sees no problems in the logs. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

L Snider

Feb 16, 2015, 11:19:44 AM2/16/15
to bitcurat...@googlegroups.com
I have had this happen on a machine that did not have enough RAM. How much RAM does the machine have? how much RAM is given to the VM instance of BitCurator? Might not be the issue, but worth a check.

Cheers

Lisa

Lisa Snider
Archivist