The Crazyflie 2.0 has arrived!

Bitcraze Announcements

Sep 30, 2014, 9:41:05 AM9/30/14
to bitcraze-an...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It's been a while since this list was used, last time was the release of the Crazyflie Nano Quadcopter from Bitcraze. That was about 1,5 years ago and since then lots of work has been done with the Crazyflie platform, bringing improvements and new features for our users.

During the last 10 months we have also been working hard on designing the second generation of our flying open development platform, named the Crazyflie 2.0. Listening to feedback from our community as well as looking at what we wanted to improve, we have come up with a design that we think our users will enjoy. The new design brings Bluetooth LE support, easy to use expansion port, long range radio with the new Crazyradio PA as well as more powerful motors and a more durable design. We are really excited about the new expansion port, and we have been working on some expansion boards that is part of the pre-order. In the future we are planning on releasing more expansions boards, currently we are working on distance sensor, GPS and camera FPV. With our expansion template it will be possible for users to easily create new expansion boards and we are eager to see what the community will come up with.

The Crazyflie 2.0 is currently on pre-order which ends on the 16th of October. As a reward to users helping us out during the pre-order we are giving a discount of 15%.Together with the Crazyflie 2.0 we are also releasing 4 expansion boards for pre-order: LED-ring expansion, Qi inductive charger expansion, prototype expansion and breakout expansion.

For more information about the Crazyflie 2.0 and the pre-order have a look at http://www.bitcraze.se/cf2

Best regards,
The team at Bitcraze