Questions about Chroma-wallet

Kawal Grover

Feb 26, 2015, 2:36:21 PM2/26/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com
Hello Colored Coiners:

I have a few questions.

First, I understand that this is 'an early beta release', and I hope to start helping with the code once I get more proficient. (Slowly getting there).

I am using the Linux-64 bit version.

It seems that the balance remains unconfirmed and can't be used to issue assets.

Also, when I try to play around with issuing of an asset, it asks what coloring scheme I want to use? (epobc/obc) What is the difference between these two coloring schemes?

Lastly, would assets issued here be compatible with other colored coin wallets? like Coinprism?

Alex Mizrahi

Feb 27, 2015, 5:42:18 AM2/27/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com

It seems that the balance remains unconfirmed and can't be used to issue assets.

Hmm, if you're using the build from the chromawallet.com, it is quite old.
We fixed several bugs since then, but I don't remember any bug which could affect confirmations.
So I can't say anything without further investigation.
Your options are:

1. wait for a new build (which I'll prepare shortly) or run a version from git. no idea if that helps, though.
2. try running `cw-cli full_rescan`
3. do some debugging, I can give you pointers...

Also, when I try to play around with issuing of an asset, it asks what coloring scheme I want to use? (epobc/obc) What is the difference between these two coloring schemes?

OBC is definitely outdated.
EPOBC is better in a several ways, most importantly padding.

Lastly, would assets issued here be compatible with other colored coin wallets?
like Coinprism?

Basically, no. Only ChromaWallet supports EPOBC. (We have mobile/web versions of it besides the desktop one, though.)

Coinprism is based on OpenAssets.
And then there is also CoinSpark.

And, finally, Colu is working on a new standard.

Alex Mizrahi

Feb 27, 2015, 6:36:49 AM2/27/15
to bitc...@googlegroups.com

It seems that the balance remains unconfirmed and can't be used to issue assets.

Ah sorry, turns out that chromanode was stuck and so ChromaWallet wasn't able to get confirmations.
It will confirm once chromanode catches up.