Message actions that spanned multiple lines

T.Kobayashi , K.K.Paradox

Aug 8, 2016, 1:39:01 AM8/8/16
Hello,

We require different action for normal or abnormal console message displayed
by IBM Sterling Connect:Direct for VSE.

Those console message format is follows:

SVTM052I FROM any file name
SVTM052I TO any file name
SVTM052I #### COMPLETED rc/msg-id

Please Note:
These single message spanned multiple lines.
If connect:direct process is not successful, #### will be displayed.

Our requirements are as follows.

If the TO of file name was CHK.DATA.

Issues release command (R RDR,OKJOB) if normal end.
F6 0159 SVTM052I TO CHK.DATA
F6 0159 SVTM052I COMPLETED 00000000/SCPA000I

Issues release command (R RDR,NGJOB) if abnormal end.
F6 0159 SVTM052I TO CHK.DATA
F6 0159 SVTM052I #### COMPLETED 00000010/SVTQ021I

We know that can be handled in the Connect:Direct's process script.
However, it's *required* to handle by the console message.

BIM-FAQS/ASO is available, is there anyway to define different action by
BIM-FAQS/ASO?

Please advise.

Best regards,
Toyokazu Kobayashi

gerhard...@rzd.co.at

Aug 8, 2016, 1:59:05 AM8/8/16
Hello,

is it reuqired to get all the infos of all 3 lines ?

or would it be sufficient to react on the last line of the message ?
In this case I would do it this way:

You could define a faqs/aso msg with msg1= "SVTM052I" and msg2="COMPLETED
00000000" when the job ran fine (see the sample in blue).
And if the job failed, You could check for msg1="SVTM052I" and for
msg2="#### COMPLETED" to act in this case.

We have FAQS/ASO from Ca and wolud define this in this form (for the first
case; the columns You should check directly on the console)
FAOMENUM.M ** CA FAQS ASO for z/VSE Online 05.1.00 ** ID=PROD2.SBVTAM
===>
Esssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss File: PROD2
sssssN
e Console Action Definition
e Action Name ==> SVTM052I
e Message = ==> DB00501E Scan ( 01 , 01 ) MTWRFSS
e Message2 = ==> COMPLETED 00000000 Scan ( 18 , 01 ) _______
e Occurrences ==> Phase ==>
e Frequency ==> ( 00 : 00 : 00 ) Jobname ==>
e Time Range ==> ( 00 : 00 , 24 : 00 ) CPUID ==> *
e _ Pid =
DsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssM

ACTION Enabled
Highlight ( ) Disable Generics ( _ )
Hold ( ) Simulate Action ( _ )
Unhold ( ) Stop After Match ( _ )
Suppress ( ) Old Style Args ( _ )
Delete ( ) Command Delay ( 00 : 00 )
MM:SS
_ REXX IMOD ( ) ==>
_ Reply ( ) ==>
_ Command ( X ) ==> * CP SMSG RZDLOG O
_ Mask ( ) Mask= Length= Offset=
_ Notify ( ) Type= User= Node= RSCS=

with best regards
Gerhard
*** Forti ***

T.Kobayashi , K.K.Paradox

Aug 8, 2016, 2:53:00 AM8/8/16
Hello Gerhard,

Thank you for your reply. I understood your advice.
However, we need to check the reason code along with file name of "TO"
field.

> is it reuqired to get all the infos of all 3 lines ?

It's required to get 2 line. CHK.DATA will be displayed only in "TO" field.
But, "TO" field will also be displayed any other files.

Normal Case: require R RDR,OKJOB command
> F6 0159 SVTM052I TO CHK.DATA
> F6 0159 SVTM052I COMPLETED 00000000/SCPA000I

Abnormal Case: require R RDR,NGJOB command
> F6 0159 SVTM052I TO CHK.DATA
> F6 0159 SVTM052I #### COMPLETED 00000010/SVTQ021I

Ignore: When the other file name is displayed do nothing
> F6 0159 SVTM052I TO PROD.DATA
> F6 0159 SVTM052I COMPLETED 00000000/SCPA000I
> F6 0159 SVTM052I TO EXAMPLE.DATA
> F6 0159 SVTM052I #### COMPLETED 00000030/SDAA048I

Best regards,
Toyokazu Kobayashi

Ken and Mary Meyer

Aug 8, 2016, 10:07:28 AM8/8/16
There are several ways you could do this. Probably the most straight
forward would be to look for the "completed" portion of the message and
then use a GREXX IMOD to read the previous messages on the hard copy
file to find the rest of the information you need. Take a look at the samples
supplied for more information.

Another way would be to look for the "FROM" message and then run a
GREXX IMOD to wait for the rest of the messages. You could also use
global variables to capture information from the messages and then use
the information saved to process when the final part of the message is
encountered.

You could do other things as well. You could also use PCS events if you
want to keep track of the elements of the message.

Ken

snip..

indust...@winwholesale.com

Aug 8, 2016, 10:25:14 AM8/8/16
"VSE-L" <vse-l-bounces+industrynews=winwhole...@lists.lehigh.edu> wrote on 08/08/2016 10:07:15 AM:
> You could also use global variables to capture information from the

> messages and then use the information saved to process when the
> final part of the message is encountered.

        The above is what I have done many, many times in FAQS/ASO.  Basically, you create an IMOD that fires each time for the SVTM052I message, saves the message content in a global stem variable each time, and when the stem variable is fully populated with all of the pertinent message information, the IMOD processes the appropriate action.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.

T.Kobayashi , K.K.Paradox

Aug 9, 2016, 5:03:05 AM8/9/16
Hello Ken,

Thank you for your reply.

I read sample GREXX imods. $MESAGE will be helpful.
I will customize the program for our purpose.

Best regards,
Toyokazu Kobayashi