Task Status 57

Ernie J. Carney

May 3, 2016, 9:07:59 AM5/3/16

I am running several copies of z/VSE 5.2 under z/VM 6.3 and one of them has a bunch of partitions with Task Status 57. Does anyone know where I can look to interpret the meaning of Task Status 57?

Thanks,

E J  Carney

gerhard...@rzd.co.at

May 3, 2016, 9:23:14 AM5/3/16
Hello, Carney

task status 57 means: 57=PWSRV Bound (CP) Used to mark a task as being
serviced by POWER. This in turn delays terminator processing until POWER
done.

I found this when entering" MSG TSS" in a faqs/aso screen (or You can find
it in IBM z/VSE/Advanced Functions Handbook under the section, "Task Status
Flags," )

with best regards
Gerhard
Vielen Dank im Voraus.

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Gerhard Tatschl

Dipl.Ing. Gerhard Tatschl
Systemprogrammierung

Mick Poil

May 3, 2016, 1:12:49 PM5/3/16
They are in the Supervisor DRM. From memory, it means waiting on POWER spool I/O, which will remain a while if the spool is full.