Looking for an experienced VM/VSE system programmer

Horlick, Michael

Jul 18, 2016, 10:09:23 AM7/18/16

Greetings,

We are looking for an experienced VM/VSE system programmer / administrator to install, maintain and enhance our current system.

This would be either a permanent hire or on a contract basis still to be determined!

Possibility of working remotely or at the office with some off-hour work and possibly being on call (Frequency TBD, could be once out of every 3 weeks).

Our environment consists of the following products:

IBM 2098 D01 CPU (Z10)

Main software

z/VM 5.4

z/VSE 5.2 (development) and 5.1 (production)

CA-IDMS R18 (work in conjunction with DBA and DBA support group)

Under Z/VM we have the following program products:

TCP/IP for VM

RACF

LDAP

CA-BACKUP

CA-VTERM

DIRMAINT

RSCS

FLASHCOPY

Under z/VSE, besides CA-IDMS, we have:

CSI TCP/IP for VSE

CA-FAQS

CA-FAQS/PCS

CA-DYNAMT

SYNCSORT

If you would be interested in this position please contact me off-list and I can direct you to the people in charge of hiring.

Thank you

Michael Horlick

Veuillez noter que je serai en vacances du 1 août 2016 au 5 août  2016  inclusivement.

Please note that I will be on vacation from August 1,2016 to August 5,2016 inclusively.

Merci/Thank you

CGI Gestion Intégrée des Technologies | CGI

5800 rue St-Denis

Montréal, Qc, H2S-3L5

514-415-3000 poste 1015103

Room 8.540

Michael...@cgi.com

Avis de confidentialité: ce message peut contenir des renseignements confidentiels appartenant exclusivement au Groupe CGI inc. ou à ses filiales. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire indiqué ou prévu dans ce message (ou responsable de livrer ce message à la personne indiquée ou prévue) ou si vous pensez que ce message vous a été adressé par erreur, vous ne pouvez pas utiliser ou reproduire ce message, ni le livrer à quelqu'un d'autre. Dans ce cas, vous devez le détruire et vous êtes prié d'avertir l'expéditeur en répondant au courriel.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: Proprietary/Confidential Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person), or you think for any resason that this message may have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message and are asked to notify the sender by reply e-mail.

Deetjen, Jean-Max

Jul 18, 2016, 2:39:35 PM7/18/16

IS FRENCH REQUIRED?

------------------------------------------------------------------------ The information contained in this communication is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. It may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and may be protected by State and/or Federal Regulations. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender. ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horlick, Michael

Jul 19, 2016, 7:06:15 AM7/19/16

no

Mike

Shawn Legrand

Jul 27, 2016, 4:36:39 PM7/27/16

As a follow on to hiring for mainframes. My friend’s sister received a CompSci degree in the 80’s from ISU and has worked for years making money in non CS areas (Real Estate, etc.).

She was inquiring about if the CS degree was still valid as everything she learned in that era was mainframe!

I told her brother that there would probably be no problem getting her into an entry level position in a mainframe shop on the infrastructure side as companies are desperate to find anyone they can mentor to take over from folks retiring.

She is in the Hartford Conn area.

Probably a zOS shop might be more willing to add staff?

Anyone know of companies in that area that are looking for an entry level person to train on mainframe?

Thanks for your help (I for obvious reasons, don’t subscribe to the MVS – zOS email lists, so please cross post if needed).